PALO ALTO, Calif., Dec. 7, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Wurl TV Network, the leader in providing Internet-delivered channels to cable television viewers, today announced additional programming partnerships with Bonnier, Busca, Splash News, Sportskool and Zoomin.TV.
Wurl TV's broadband channels are revolutionizing cable TV — allowing viewers to enjoy great programming from top online studios on their TV screens. Viewers can sit back and watch scheduled programming from Wurl's partners or binge on an entire catalog of partners' shows on demand. Wurl channels are distributed through the Wurl TV Network to cable operators' internet-connected set-top boxes.
Over the past year, Wurl has added many exciting and innovative Internet TV channels to its programming lineup, tapping into some of the leading names in online programming and bringing their creative offerings to cable TV. The five new partners announced today build on that strong programming base:
- Bonnier Corp. publishes some of the nation's leading specialty brands, including Popular Science, Field & Stream, Outdoor Life and Saveur. "As we create more and more content on video, Wurl TV provides us with a way to give audiences easy access to our brands' original work," said Sean Holzman, chief digital revenue officer, at Bonnier.
- Busca Corp. is a leading digital entertainment network for Spanish-speaking audiences around the world. Its digital properties, including LevelUp, Tomatazos (Rotten Tomatoes in Spanish), Qore, SanDiegoRed, and Tarreo, provide premium-quality Spanish-language content about videogames and other forms of entertainment, attracting more than 50 million views a month. "We are excited to have our shows carried on the Wurl TV Network and in pioneering new forms of delivery of digital content to television audiences," said Ramon Toledo, Busca's founder and president.
- Splash News is the world's leading celebrity and breaking news agency, providing images, video and stories to top publishers around the globe.
- Sportskool is a multi-platform suite of channels dedicated to sports lifestyle and entertainment programming for today's active families. It's where the biggest names in sports share the secrets to better performance, winning scores and bigger tricks. "Sportskool is the ultimate destination for anyone who believes that sports is not just for spectators," said Dave Willox, president of Sportskool. "Wurl TV helps us reach more athletes and families through its cable TV service."
- Zoomin.TV produces hundreds of human interest and light news stories each day that are gathered from a worldwide network of award-winning video journalists. A curated selection of this content is available on the Zoomin.TV channel on the Wurl TV Network. "We are excited to bring our unique point of view and celebrated global storytelling to Wurl's audience," said Zoomin.TV General Manager, Jamie Weissenborn.
"We're thrilled to have Bonnier, Busca Corp., Splash News, Sportskool and Zoomin.TV join the Wurl TV Network," said Sean Doherty, Wurl's founder and CEO. "Our unique cable network is making it easier for premier online studios like these to take advantage of cable TV's unparalleled reach and viewer engagement in a way that provides viewers with the convenience of linear channels and the unprecedented choice of popular on-demand apps. In addition, the Spanish language programming from Busca and Zoomin.TV are important additions to our multilingual programming lineup."
About Wurl TV
Wurl TV is a next-gen media company that is redefining cable TV with new programming and a new viewing experience. Wurl's channels feature programming from the world's top online studios and a revolutionary new viewing experience that combines scheduled viewing with on-demand access to each channel's entire catalog of shows and episodes. Wurl TV is designed for use on 60-million-plus Internet-connected set-top boxes, including those now deployed by cable operators such as Comcast, Charter and DirecTV. Wurl is based in Palo Alto, Calif. For more information, visit wurl.com.
About Bonnier Corp.
Bonnier Corporation is one of the largest special-interest publishing groups in America, with more than 30 multichannel brands extending into all platforms, including magazines, digital media, events and product licensing. Bonnier Corp. is owned by Swedish-based Bonnier AB, a multichannel media conglomerate operating in 15 countries. For more information, visit http://www.bonniercorp.com/.
About Busca Corporation
Busca Corp. is a leading digital entertainment network in Mexico, Latin America and the U.S. Hispanic market. Based in La Jolla, Calif. and with offices in Tijuana and Mexico City, Mexico; Santiago, Chile; and Bogota, Colombia, Busca Corp. is a culturally rich and diverse corporation dedicated to niche markets around the world and to leveraging partnerships with leading firms, including Yahoo, Sony, Terra Networks, CBS, Warner Brothers and now Wurl TV. Busca Corp.'s primary properties include www.Levelup.com, www.Qore.com, www.Tarreo.com, www.SanDiegoRed.com and www.Tomatazos.com. For more information, visit https://www.buscacorp.com/.
About Splash News
Splash News is the world's leading celebrity and breaking news agency, providing images, video and stories to top publishers across the globe. Splash News and Picture Agency is part of Branded Entertainment Network, a company that connects brands to the power of entertainment through product integration, entertainment public relations, music licensing and partnerships, rights clearances and representation, talent seeding and negotiation. For more information, visit http://www.splashnews.com/.
Sportskool, based in Annapolis, Md., is a multi-platform suite of channels dedicated to sports lifestyle and entertainment programming for today's active families. For more information, http://www.sportskool.com/.
Video powerhouse Zoomin.TV creates 400+ short stories in 22 languages every day. These original stories are sourced by 3,500 video journalists around the world and are watched 3.3 billion times per month. Zoomin.TV is one of the world's biggest MCNs on YouTube, with 1.8 billion views per month. Based in Amsterdam with 18 offices on four continents, Zoomin.TV has been a part of the leading international digital entertainment group MTG since 2015. For more information, http://zoomin.tv/video/.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/wurl-tv-adds-exciting-new-programming-options-to-streaming-tv-channel-lineup-300374381.html
SOURCE Wurl TV Network