WASHINGTON, Jan. 18, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Washington Women in Public Relations (WWPR), a leading resource for communications professionals in the nation's capital, announced its 2017 Board of Directors. The 2017 board is as follows:
- President: Kelly Mack, Administration for Community Living at U.S. Health & Human Services
- Vice President: Danielle Veira, American Diabetes Association
- Past President: Mara Vandlik, Smith & Company
- Treasurer: Sherri Core, Core Association Services
- Secretary: Carly Whiteside, Powell Tate
- Content Strategy Chair: Jennifer Dunn, Business Wire
- Digital Strategy Chair: Brittany Floyd, Burson-Marsteller
- Emerging Leaders Awards Co-Chair: Sabrena Pringle, Trans-Management Systems Corporation
- Emerging Leaders Awards Co-Chair: Sara Tuman, Social Driver
- Membership: Jennifer Sherman, Speakerbox Communications
- Pro Bono Co-Chair: Amanda Ott, American Society of Anesthesiologists
- Pro Bono Co-Chair: Bonnie Piper, Merrill Environmental, Inc.
- Professional Development Co-Chair: Sarah Beth Cloar, The Reis Group
- Professional Development Co-Chair: Molly Mitchell, Scott Circle
- Social Chair: Neveah Bradshaw, Bluemercury
- Sponsorship: Rachel Racoosin, LEVICK
- Woman of the Year Co-Chair: Mary McGinty, US Chamber of Commerce Foundation
- Woman of the Year Co-Chair: Elise Perkins, ep communications
"It's an honor to work with this dedicated and talented Board of Directors as President of WWPR," said Kelly Mack, 2017 WWPR President. "We're thrilled to continue our work of cultivating a professional network for communicators in the DC area through providing professional development opportunities, networking, knowledge sharing, and honoring accomplished women communicators through our signature award events."
During 2017, WWPR's leadership team will continue to work with the organization's Advisory Council who will provide the Board of Directors strategic council and advice:
Mary LoJacono, Towers Watson
Debra Silimeo, Hager Sharp
Lauren Lawson-Zilai, Goodwill Industries International
The board induction meeting featured a keynote from Lynn Bufka, Ph.D., associate executive director for the American Psychological Association's Practice Research and Policy Department about their "Stress in America Survey." She spoke about stress and the leading topics that can trigger it: money, work, and health. Dr. Bufka also shared guidance for managing stress, such as identifying it in our lives, understanding triggers, and seeking support.
Throughout 2017, WWPR will host various professional development events, networking events, two signature events: The Emerging Leader Awards and The PR Woman of the Year Awards. To learn more about WWPR's upcoming events, visit http://wwpr.org/events/.
WWPR also announced it will continue to serve their pro bono client, Bright Beginnings through 2017. Bright Beginnings is a nationally-accredited child and family development center that offers a bright start for homeless infants, toddlers and preschoolers and their families. Bright Beginnings serves more than 185 children annually whose families are living in crisis shelters or transitional housing. Their educational, therapeutic, health and family support services prepares these children for kindergarten and stabilizes their families.
ABOUT WASHINGTON WOMEN IN PUBLIC RELATIONS
Washington Women in Public Relations (WWPR) is a member-based professional society cultivating and inspiring female communicators to reach their full potential in the DC market and beyond. The organization is committed to providing leadership opportunities, professional development, mentorship, and industry networking. Visit us at wwpr.org, "Like" us on Facebook.com/WashingtonWomeninPR, and follow us on Twitter @WWPR.
For more information contact:
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/wwpr-inducts-2017-board-of-directors-with-keynote-from-lynn-bufka-phd-american-psychological-association-300393295.html
SOURCE Washington Women in Public Relations