MIAMI, Sept. 19, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Wyncode Academy, Florida's first brick and mortar coding bootcamp teaching computer programming in ten weeks, has released its first independently verified job placement report for 2014 and 2015. Following Wyncode's commitment that was made publicly in a letter to the President of the United States in March 2015, Wyncode is excited to be just the fourth coding bootcamp in the nation to have its placement outcomes independently verified.
"We're excited for Wyncode to continue to lead the way for transparency in the coding bootcamp industry," Wyncode co-founder Juha Mikkola said. "We are extremely proud of the life-changing outcomes Wyncoders have achieved after the program and having these outcomes independently verified by a nationally-recognized accounting and advisory firm means prospective Wyncoders can rely on how we aggregate outcomes data."
Wyncode's program attracts people without a programming background from a variety of careers: chefs, lawyers, salespeople, accountants, concierges, marketing executives and entrepreneurs. People of these backgrounds and more have all learned to code through Wyncode's intensive, full-time program.
The Wyncode team has created an interactive web application that allows interested parties to see Wyncode's placement rate based on the background of the person who attended and also using a variety of coding bootcamp frameworks.
The findings include many interesting insights such as:
- Graduation rate: 97%
- Total number of students in full-time roles is 73%
- Percentage of students in "technical" roles is 84%
- Females graduating from Wyncode have a higher starting salary than males
- Straight out of Wyncode, more than 1 in 10 Wyncoders make over $60,000 per year and 1 in 20 make more than $80,000
- Wyncoders have created 12 #MiamiTech startups and counting
- Post-Wyncode, students with a high school diploma perform at similar levels to those with advanced degrees and overall placement rates are similar among all ethnicities
- 45% of Wyncoders are placed within the first 30 days of graduation
Wyncode Academy, based in Miami and Ft. Lauderdale, is licensed by the Florida Department of Education and has graduated over 300 Wyncoders. Our Jobs Report is available at http://wyncode.co/jobs-report/ and our Placement App is available at
http://wyncode.co/placement-app. See how we got out numbers at
http://wyncode.co/pdf/wyncode-numbers.pdf. And, read more on our blog at
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/wyncode-announces-first-independently-verified-job-placement-report-300329844.html
SOURCE Wyncode Academy