CHICAGO, March 2, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Wyzant, the nation's largest online marketplace for 1-to-1 instruction, announced a refresh of the company's online learning platform to meet the needs of the company's ever-growing adult student base, with demand for online 1-to-1 instruction on Wyzant growing three fold since early 2016. The convenience and accessibility of online learning means that adults using Wyzant's online learning tool average 22 percent more lessons when compared to those who choose in-person sessions with an instructor.
Adult students are looking for flexible solutions to help them continue their education and progress their careers, and online tutoring offers students the freedom to get the 1-to-1 attention they want anytime, anywhere. As a result, nearly half of all Wyzant students are adult learners, and more of them are investing in online tutoring lessons than ever before. Since first launching the Wyzant online tutoring platform in 2015, more than 35 percent of adult students have migrated to having their 1-to-1 lessons online.
"Wyzant has put a great deal of energy and resources into making the online tool as easy-to-use and high performing as possible," said Wyzant CEO and co-founder Drew Geant. "Adult learners enjoy the flexibility that online tutoring offers, and as a result, use of our online tool has grown exponentially."
- New Code Editor - Create and edit Java, Python, Node.js, and any other programming language.
- New Text Editor - A game-changer for online language lessons. Students can get help with essays, cover letters and more as well in real time.
- Upgraded Audio and Video - Upgraded A/V, along with other interactive features so students feel like they're in the same room with the instructor.
- Whiteboard- Students and tutors can share files, draw, graph functions and write complex equations.
- Screen Sharing - Share a presentation, software program or anything that's on a computer screen.
To learn more about Wyzant's updated online learning tool and how 1-to-1 instruction can help any learner meet their goal, visit www.wyzant.com/online/student.
Wyzant is the nation's largest online marketplace for 1-to-1 instruction, connecting more than 1 million students seeking personalized learning experiences with more than 80,000 independent instructors. Wyzant's community of tutors offer both in-person and online lessons in more than 300 subjects, catering to learners of all ages -- from elementary school students to professionals looking to further their careers. Wyzant was founded in 2005 and is backed by Accel Partners. To learn more about Wyzant, visit wyzant.com/about.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/wyzants-numbers-show-growing-demand-for-online-1-to-1-instruction-from-adult-students-300416990.html