FRAMINGHAM, Mass., Nov. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- XChange Events today announced the details of the 2012 Healthcare IT Summit, to be held November 11th-13th at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, Orlando, FL. The content rich agenda will focus on "The Changing Face of Healthcare IT" and explore the trends, people, innovations and policies that are changing the road ahead. The annual conference brings together industry analysts, IT executives from healthcare payer and provider organizations, and leading vendors for uniquely collaborative discussions on today's pressing business and IT issues, best practices and the latest tools and technologies that will improve business performance. With the help of strategic analyst partner, IDC Health Insights and content partner, Porter Research, the Healthcare IT Summit is the only IT-focused conference for both payers and providers on the market today, delivering unmatched education and insight on future market drivers, business trends, economic factors and technology opportunities impacting the healthcare IT market.
+Conference overview: http://www.xchange-events.com/hcits12/
+Full agenda: http://www.xchange-events.com/hcits12/agenda/
+Event coverage on Twitter: @ITExecXChange and @MrHeathcareCIO #HCITS
Speaker highlights include:
- "Health Policy in a Polarized Political Time: The Future of the Affordable Care Act and Other Challenges in 2013 and Beyond," presented by Norman Ornstein, Resident Scholar, American Enterprise Institute
- "Integration and Innovation: New Care Delivery Models and the Technology to Support Them," presented by Linda Dunbar, PhD, RN, Vice President, Care Management, Johns Hopkins HealthCare
- "Connected Health: The Drive to Integrated Healthcare Delivery," presented by Rick Ratliff, Senior Executive, Health & Public Service Accenture
To view the complete list of speakers visit: http://www.xchange-events.com/hcits12/speakers/
As a strategic partner in the development of the Healthcare IT Summit agenda, several leading IDC Health Insights analysts will present at the event including:
- "Technology Strategies for an Uncertain Future," presented by Scott Lundstrom, Group Vice President, IDC Health Insights
- "Smarter Healthcare Is Connected Healthcare," presented by Lynne Dunbrack, Program Director - Connected Health IT, IDC Health Insights
- "Accountable Care Evolution and Technology Market Readiness," presented by Cynthia Burghard, Research Director, IDC Health Insights
- "Provider Predictions for 2013 and Beyond," presented by Judy Hanover, Research Director – Provider IT Strategies, IDC Health Insights
- "Top 10 Healthcare Payer Technology Strategies for 2013," also presented by Scott Lundstrom, Group Vice President, IDC Health Insights
Sponsors include HealthEdge, Intersystems, Fortinet, and MegaPath. For a complete list of sponsors, please visit http://www.xchange-events.com/hcits12/sponsors.
"A new generation of healthcare IT leadership is emerging equipped with the business and technology skills to support new healthcare business models, the growth of electronic medical records and the emergence of accountable care organizations," said Robert C. DeMarzo, Senior Vice President of Strategic Content for XChange Events. "In addition to supporting those initiatives, healthcare CIOs are continuing their focus on increasing operational efficiencies that produce better clinical outcomes and leverage technologies aimed at improving staff and patient engagements. The Healthcare IT Summit was designed to address each of these initiatives by offering valuable, actionable content to arm healthcare executives with the tools necessary to navigate the changing tides of healthcare IT."
The Healthcare IT Summit will also feature the popular XChange@Work program, giving attendees an opportunity to give back to the community. This year the conference will be supporting the Ronald McDonald House in Orlando. The Ronald McDonald House provides affordable lodging for families of children undergoing treatment for cancer and other serious illnesses at nearby hospitals and medical centers. Comfort kits with notes of encouragement for the families will be created at the event. To see the "wish list" of appropriate items visit http://www.xchange-events.com/hcits12/giving-back.
Part of the UBM Channel family, XChange Events connect technology builders, sellers and buyers through a diverse number of live and virtual events, designed to help attendees share best practices, network with peers and gain exclusive market intelligence from industry editors and analysts. Organized into three categories, XChange Events offers channel events, IT executive events and on demand virtual events to address every aspect of today's evolving IT market. For more information, please visit: http://www.xchange-events.com/
UBM plc (www.ubm.com)
UBM plc is a leading global business media company. We inform markets and bring the world's buyers and sellers together at events, online, in print and provide them with the information they need to do business successfully. We focus on serving professional commercial communities, from doctors to game developers, from journalists to jewellery traders, from farmers to pharmacists around the world. Our 6,000 staff in more than 30 countries are organised into specialist teams that serve these communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.
SOURCE XChange Events