SAN JOSE, Calif., Nov. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Xilinx, Inc. (NASDAQ: XLNX) will showcase its All Programmable Solutions for Smarter Factories and Smarter Vision at SPS/IPC Drives 2013. Through a series of demonstrations, Xilinx and its Alliance Members will highlight how Zynq® All Programmable SoCs will help to transform tomorrow's factories by enabling highly integrated and system cost optimized Programmable Logic Controller, Motor Control, Industrial Networking, Machine Vision and Functional Safety applications. Learn more about Xilinx's All Programmable Solutions for Smarter Factories and Smarter Vision by visiting Booth #6-111 at SPS/IPC Drives, November 26-28, at the Nuremburg Exhibition Hall in Nuremburg, Germany.
Xilinx Demonstrations – Booth #6-111
- Smart Compact Vision System This demonstration compares two high speed Optical Character Recognition (OCR) systems performing real-time silicon device code recognition utilizing the Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC and the HALCON machine vision software from MVTec. The hardware acceleration system processes the video stream at 60fps while the software-only implementation runs at a slower rate. The acceleration of hardware was implemented using VisualApplets from Silicon Software that reduces development time and design complexity.
- High Bandwidth Machine Vision This demonstration showcases two video streams transferred with different high-speed protocols for machine vision cameras and frame grabbers that are enabled by the Xilinx® 7 Series FPGA and SoC devices. Sensor to Image supports GigEVision 2.0 and CoaXPress IPs and software stacks that enables video transfer rates over 10Gb per second.
- Motor Control Design Methodology This demonstration unveils a motor control design flow that supports design and simulation of high-level models within The Mathworks MATLAB® environment. The HDL Coder and Embedded Coder tools automatically generate C/HDL code for the Zynq All Programmable SoCs which shorten design cycles and accelerate time to market.
- EtherCAT Fast Drive This demonstration showcases an integrated drive system with multi-axis motor control and EtherCAT networking. A single chip Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC solution implemented by QDesys delivers high performance, low torque ripple motor drive with less than 62.5 microsecond cycle time.
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) This demonstration highlights the Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC configured as an embedded PLC that manages devices through Ethernet Powerlink. The embedded runtime software is provided by KWSoftware and is programmed using the IEC61131-3 compliant language.
- Safe System This demonstration showcases a highly dependable system with PROFINET IRT on the Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC for high performance automation applications. While the ARM® Cortex™-A9 executes the communication stack, two microprocessor soft cores run in lock-step mode to provide on-chip redundancy in a functional safety system.
About Xilinx All Programmable and Smarter Systems Xilinx All Programmable and Smarter Systems focus on providing hardware IP targeting All Programmable logic and software IP developed for high performance ARM processors and system-level expertise to help the rapid design and implementation of smarter systems. The SmartCORE™ IP portfolio, developed by both by Xilinx and its ecosystem, can be integrated via the Vivado IPI (IP Integrator). Additionally, new IP can be generated from: C, C++ or SystemC with Vivado HLS (high-level synthesis), and now includes industry standard OpenCV libraries, which are supported by popular operating systems and software development environments. A wide range of design kits further accelerate design productivity for smarter systems design.
Xilinx All Programmable and Smarter Systems leverage Xilinx FPGAs, 3D ICs and Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoCs. Xilinx All Programmable SoCs are considered the ideal platform for designers to quickly deliver highly integrated solutions across a wide range of system-design problems in all markets, and across the entire application spectrum. To learn more about Xilinx All Programmable and Smarter Systems visit: http://www.xilinx.com/applications/smarter-systems/index.htm
About Xilinx Xilinx is the world's leading provider of All Programmable FPGAs, SoCs and 3D ICs. These industry-leading devices are coupled with a next-generation design environment and IP to serve a broad range of customer needs, from programmable logic to programmable systems integration. For more information, visit www.xilinx.com.
© Copyright 2013 Xilinx, Inc. Xilinx, the Xilinx logo, Artix, ISE, Kintex, Spartan, Virtex, Vivado, Zynq, and other designated brands included herein are trademarks of Xilinx in the United States and other countries. ARM and Cortex are trademarks of ARM in the EU and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Xilinx Silvia E. Gianelli (408) 626-4328 firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Xilinx, Inc.