LAS VEGAS, April 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- NAB 2013, booth #N311 -- Xilinx, Inc. (NASDAQ: XLNX) and its ecosystem are demonstrating All Programmable and smarter professional broadcast systems, which employ Xilinx® solutions for video and Smarter Vision applications. Demonstrations include Xilinx's Real-Time Video Engine (RTVE), SMPTE 2022 video over IP, the Zynq®-7000 All Programmable SoC Video & Imaging Kit, and several demonstrations from over a half dozen of Xilinx's Alliance Program members.
Xilinx Demonstrations – Booth #N311
- RTVE 2.1 The Xilinx RTVE, developed with OmniTek, targets the Zynq-7045 device running on an OmniTek OZ745 board with a Linux Operating System (OS) running the Qt application and user interface (UI) framework on one processor with a 2D graphics engine running a first person shooter video game all while processing up to 8 streams of 1080p HD video in real-time. The demonstration highlights various compute-intensive video functions simultaneously running on the hardware and software systems. The video system reference design can support up to 8 channels of real-time scaling, de-interlacing and alpha-blending using Xilinx's high performance parallel processing capability.
- The RTVE running on Kintex®-7 FPGAs The Xilinx RTVE, featuring Kintex-7 FPGAs, allows broadcast equipment designers and manufacturers to quickly implement up to 8 channels of real-time video and image processing related solutions across the acquisition, contribution and distribution segments of the Broadcast market.
- Xilinx's SMPTE 2022 video over IP This demonstration, developed by Barco-Silex, showcases a complete reference design intended for the intelligent transport of video over IP-based networks and showcases transmission of lightly compressed video over a 1 Gbps Ethernet network using JPEG2000 and uncompressed video over a 10 Gbps Ethernet network.
- Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC Video & Imaging Kit An image processing pipeline with real-time motion detection implemented using OpenCV libraries processed through the Vivado® High-Level Synthesis (HLS) tool suite that is then being fed into a 1080p60 image processing pipeline that has been built using Vivado IP Integrator (IPI).
Xilinx Demonstrations by Alliance Program Members Several Xilinx Alliance Program members will showcase the following Xilinx-based technology demonstrations in their NAB booths:
- Barco-Silex – Booth #C4742 Demonstration of a Kintex-7 FPGA-based flexible SDI to Ethernet bridge, using SMPTE2022-5/6 IP cores to implement multi-channel High Bit Rate Media Transport over IP networks at 10 Gbps with Forward Error Correction and JPEG2000 compression.
- CoreEl Technologies – Booth #SU10714 Multiple Xilinx-based demonstrations include the simultaneous decode and display of 1080p60 4:2:2 MPEG-2 and H.264 video streams in a single Xilinx FPGA, multi-stream H.264 I-frame 1080p60 4:2:2 encoding and decoding, the encoding and decoding of H.264 I and P frames with very low latency and the decoding of both video (H.264 / MPEG-2) and audio (MPEG-2, AAC-LC, HE-AACv2) in a single device.
- Cube Vision – Booth #N1918 Demonstration of Kintex-7 FPGA-based reference-quality multi-viewer solutions with de-interlacing and scaling, along with its broadcast-quality multiviewing solutions featuring de-interlacing and scaling with frame synchronization, color resampling and triple rate SDI I/O.
- intoPIX – Booth #C4742 Xilinx-based demonstrations of their UltraHD 4K JPEG2000 cores and SMPTE2022 JPEG2000 reference applications.
- OmniTek – Booth #N4323 OmniTek will demonstrate the Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC (Zynq-7045 device) video development platform (OZ745) running the RTVE 2.1 and showing its multi-view processing capabilities with color space conversion, chroma upsample, resize, deinterlacer, video overlay, SDI and HDMI™ video I/O host web page control from the ARM® processor; the other demonstrations include Xilinx-based broadcast test and measurement products for analysis of stereo 3D images, picture and audio quality and physical layer signal integrity.
- Vanguard – Booth #SU11726MR Vanguard will demonstrate Xilinx-based hardware acceleration of their H.265/HEVC encoder core.
About Xilinx Smarter Vision Solutions Xilinx Smarter Vision solutions include a broad portfolio of building blocks for smarter systems, called SmartCORE™ IP. The SmartCORE IP portfolio, developed by both Xilinx and its ecosystem, includes both hardware IP targeting All Programmable logic and software IP developed for high performance ARM processors. SmartCORE IP can be rapidly integrated via the Vivado IPI (IP Integrator). Additionally, new IP can be generated from: C, C++ or SystemC with Vivado HLS (high-level synthesis), and now includes industry standard OpenCV libraries, which are supported by popular operating systems and software development environments. A wide range of design kits further accelerate design productivity for smarter systems design.
Xilinx Smarter Vision solutions leverage Xilinx FPGAs, 3D ICs and Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoCs. Xilinx All Programmable SoCs are considered the ideal platform for designers to rapidly deliver highly integrated solutions with real-time pixel processing in programmable logic with ARM processor-based analytics for ever smarter video broadcast, machine vision and immersive displays. To learn more about Xilinx Smarter Vision solutions visit www.xilinx.com/smartervision.
About Xilinx Xilinx is the world's leading provider of All Programmable FPGAs, SoCs and 3D ICs. These industry-leading devices are coupled with a next-generation design environment and IP to serve a broad range of customer needs, from programmable logic to programmable systems integration. For more information, visit www.xilinx.com.
Xilinx, the Xilinx logo, Artix, ISE, Kintex, Spartan, Virtex, Zynq, Vivado, and other designated brands included herein are trademarks of Xilinx in the United States and other countries. HDMI, HDMI logo and High-Definition Multimedia Interface are trademarks of HDMI Licensing LLC. ARM is a registered trademark of ARM in the EU and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Xilinx Silvia E. Gianelli 408-626-4328 email@example.com
SOURCE Xilinx, Inc.