SAN JOSE, Calif., March 16, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Xilinx, Inc. (NASDAQ: XLNX) will introduce multiple industry-first solutions for ultra-high bandwidth optical networks at OFC 2016. Targeting OTN and Datacenter Interconnect (DCI) applications, these never publicly demoed solutions enable systems OEMs to deliver fast-to-market, efficient and scalable transport of big data across data centers and optical transport networks. With data center traffic ever increasing, data center and optical network operators are constantly looking for efficient use of bandwidth and bandwidth scalability. Working closely with fellow industry leaders, Xilinx addresses these issues with multiple cutting-edge demonstrations at this year's show. To learn more about solutions from Xilinx and its ecosystem, visit Xilinx at OFC Booth #3457, March 22-24, at the Anaheim Convention Center, Anaheim, CA.
- 200G and 300G FlexE Transport Solution World's first implementation of a "flexible transport" using flexible Ethernet (FlexE) in the FPGA as a client to the variable rate line optics. The demo showcases Xilinx's FlexE solution featuring the Xilinx Virtex® UltraScale™ VU190 device with FlexE IP connected to the Acacia AC400-U coherent transponder module supporting flexible transmission rates with up to 400Gb/s capacity. The combined set up demonstrates next generation transport which allows for maximization of optical link budget on long haul and data center interconnect links. Xilinx FlexE IP is available now for early access.
- Bandwidth on Demand with 250G FlexE Solution Industry's first public demonstration of a FlexE solution that can flexibly support 250Gb/s and 200Gb/s bandwidth options. This demo illustrates efficient evolution of router port bandwidth versus the optical network port bandwidth for service providers, cloud providers, and hyper scale data centers. Showcased within Xilinx's FlexE solution is the Xilinx Virtex UltraScale VU190 device with FlexE IP connected to the Spirent FlexE test system.
- B100G Muxponder Solution Scalable to 400G Optical Transport Demonstration illustrating the flexibility and scalability of the emerging Beyond 100G (B100G) standards along with the support of existing 100G standard, all made possible by Xilinx's All Programmable UltraScale FPGAs. This demonstration showcases Xilinx's award winning B100G Muxponder solution on a Virtex UltraScale VU190 device including new OTUC2 (200G) ITU pre-standard and OTUC4 (400G) ITU pre-standard.
- 16nm UltraScale+ FPGA with Integrated RS-FEC Another industry first, this demonstration showcases the Xilinx 16nm Virtex UltraScale+ FPGA with integrated 100G Ethernet MAC and RS-FEC working in tandem to send data over challenging electrical or optical interconnects. Integration saves logic area, simplifies implementation and reduces power consumption on the increasingly popular 100G Ethernet interfaces or high speed backplane applications. RS-FEC enables the use of less expensive multi-mode fiber or copper interconnects and optical modules by correcting errors inherent to those systems.
- 56G PAM4 Transceiver Performance This demonstration showcases the latest in Xilinx SERDES development with the first public display of the Xilinx 56Gb/s PAM4 transceiver. The test chip implements full transmit and receive data paths with pattern generators and checkers. This demonstration shows both the high fidelity of the transmitter via an eye diagram and the strength of the receiver as data is run from another transmit lane, over a backplane and into the receiver to be equalized and received error free.
- 400G Ethernet Featuring CFP8 Optics (Ethernet Alliance Booth #3625) This demonstration showcases Xilinx's 400GE solution featuring the Xilinx Virtex UltraScale VU190 device with pre-standard 400GE MAC and PCS IP connected to a Finisar 400GE CFP8 module prototype. This demonstrates an emerging 400GE standard along with the industry's first CFP8 optical module working at 400 Gb/s.
Xilinx Presentations at OFC
- Xilinx Beyond 100G (B100G) Solutions
- Wednesday, March 23 at 1:00 pm – 1:30 pm, Expo Theater III, Exhibit Hall A
- FlexE and Flexible Transport with All Programmable FPGAs presented by Xilinx, Cisco and other Industry Leaders
- Wednesday, March 23 at 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm, Expo Theater III, Exhibit Hall A
Xilinx Technology-enabled Demonstrations throughout the OFC Show floor:
- Dini Group -- Booth #2663
- IP Light – Booth #1673
- Mellanox – Booth #3425
- MoSys – Booth #3666
- Netcope – Booth 3662
- Xelic – Booth #1582
About Xilinx Xilinx is the leading provider of All Programmable FPGAs, SoCs, MPSoCs, and 3D ICs. Xilinx uniquely enables applications that are both software defined and hardware optimized – powering industry advancements in Cloud Computing, SDN/NFV, Video/Vision, Industrial IoT, and 5G Wireless. For more information, visit www.xilinx.com.
#1619 #AAB852 © Copyright 2016 Xilinx, Inc. Xilinx, the Xilinx logo, Artix, ISE, Kintex, Spartan, Virtex, Vivado, Zynq, and other designated brands included herein are trademarks of Xilinx in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Xilinx Silvia E. Gianelli (408) 626-4328 email@example.com
SOURCE Xilinx, Inc.