DUBLIN, June 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/27gbk8/xylitol_a) has announced the addition of the "Xylitol - A Global Market Overview" report to their offering.
Naturally occurring sugar alcohol or polyol, Xylitol is found in most plant material such as fruits and vegetables. Currently, xylitol is commercially extracted from birch wood and corn cobs and many processes are in development stage to extract xylitol from other hemicellulose sources such as sugar cane bagasse. Xylitol is widely used as a sugar substitute and the interest in xylitol has increased considerably in recent years, due to many commercial applications in different markets such as food, dental related products, and pharmaceuticals.
Driven by increasingly health and weight conscious consumers, xylitol demand is expected to grow in sugar-free and low-calorie food products. Global market for xylitol is estimated at 161.5 thousand metric tons, valued at US$670 million in 2013 and expected to reach 242 thousand metric tons valued at just above US$1 billion by 2020, by growing at robust CAGRs of over 6% in terms of both volume and value. Chewing gum industry is projected to consume about 163 thousand metric tons by 2020 to remain the largest consumer of xylitol with 67% of global xylitol consumption. Estimated consumption of xylitol by chewing gum and confectionary was nearly 80% in 2010.
The study also analyzes the global alternative sweeteners market while exploring the Xylitol market with in-depth analysis of its end-use applications comprising Chewing Gum, Confectionary, Other Foods, Personal Care and Others. The analysis of alternative sweetener categories include High Intense Sweeteners - Saccharin, Aspartame, Cyclamate, Sucralose, Acesulfame-K, Neotame, Stevia and Others; and Polyols/Sugar Alcohols - Sorbitol, Mannitol, Maltitol, Xylitol, Erythritol, Lactitol and Isomalt. The global market data is illustrated in terms of both volume in metric tons and value in USD. A snapshot of the global competitive landscape is illustrated along with the installed and planned capacities of major manufacturers.
Key Topics Covered:
PART A: GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
2. KEY MARKET TRENDS
3. REGULATORY LANDSCAPE
4. KEY GLOBAL PLAYERS
5. KEY BUSINESS, PRODUCT AND TECHNOLOGY TRENDS
6. GLOBAL ALTERNATIVE SWEETENERS MARKET
7. GLOBAL XYLITOL MARKET OVERVIEW
PART B: REGIONAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
1. NORTH AMERICA
4. REST OF WORLD
PART C: XYLITOL PATENT LANDSCAPE
1. Major Patents in Chemical Processes
2. Major Patents in Microbial Processes
3. List of Other Major Patents in Chemical and Microbial Processes
PART D: GUIDE TO THE INDUSTRY
PART E: ANNEXURE
- Cargill, Inc.
- DFI Corporation
- DuPont Nutrition & Health (DuPont Danisco)
- Godavari Biorefineries Ltd.
- Hangzhou Shouxin Biological Technology Co., Ltd.
- Hebei Shengxue Glucose Co., Ltd.
- Ingredion Inc.
- Mitsubishi Shoji Foodtech Co., Ltd.
- Novagreen Inc.
- Roquette Freres
- Shandong Futaste Co., Ltd.
- Shandong Longlive Bio-Technology Co., Ltd.
- Shandong Lujian Biological Technology Co. Ltd.
- Shandong Zhenxing Chemical Industry Co., Ltd.
- Tata Chemicals Limited
- Thomson Biotech (Xiamen) Co., Ltd.
- Xylitol Canada, Inc.
- Zhejiang Huakang Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Zuchem Inc.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/27gbk8/xylitol_a
Media Contact: Laura Wood, +353-1-481-1716, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Research and Markets