REDWOOD CITY, Calif., May 9, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Y Media Labs, driving digital transformation through creative and powerful design, has announced new hires and promotions that advance the company's position as a trusted partner in digital product and services strategy, design, development and execution.
"We've built on our legacy as a premier mobile agency to become a strategic digital product and services firm that integrates creativity, empathetic user experiences and powerful engineering know-how," says John McCarthy, Y Media Labs' new Senior VP of Strategy. "We are well positioned to expand the services we offer our clients, whether that's a large scale IoT application for the enterprise, a digital payment system for consumers, or a bespoke mobile app for a specific audience."
McCarthy joined Y Media Labs in the spring of 2017. A strategy and business development leader, he has more than 15 years of blue-chip brand building experience. Prior to joining Y Media Labs, McCarthy spent six years as General Manager at Johannes Leonardo, a marketing and advertising agency working with a variety of influential brands.
Y Media Labs promoted the following executives and creative directors:
- Vivek Rajanna – Senior VP of Engineering. With more than 16 years' experience in engineering and technology, Rajanna has proven to be the visionary for Y Media Lab's increasing technology offerings.
- Atandra Burman – VP of Program and Project Management. Burman is elevating Y Media Labs' client services and position as a strategic partner.
- Basavaraj Pujar – Director of Mobile Services. An entrepreneur in his own right, Pujar is now overseeing Y Media Labs' mobile services strategy and development.
- Alex Huang – Creative Director. Huang is an experienced product designer specializing in developing thoughtful, usable, and beautiful apps that empower users.
- Ryan Spencer – Creative Director. Spencer's breadth of expertise ranges from interaction design and user experience to web development and usability testing.
Since its founding in 2009, Y Media Labs has expanded to 240 employees and six offices worldwide. In 2016, Y Media Labs added 35 companies to its client roster, and grew its revenue by 50 percent.
"We are experiencing exciting and monumental growth with our client engagements, and that's fueling our own creativity and innovation," says Ashish Toshniwal, CEO, Y Media Labs. "With McCarthy now on our team, and with these key promotions, our company is the strongest it's ever been and we'll continue to push the needle of how we can help companies transform."
About Y Media Labs
Y Media Labs is a San Francisco area creative technology company driving digital transformation by combining creativity, empathetic UX design and powerful engineering. The company was recognized by Forbes as one of the Top 50 Most Promising Companies in 2015. Y Media Labs has over 240 employees and has previously provided digital services to various Fortune 500 companies like PayPal, EMC, American Express, and Staples, among others.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/y-media-labs-announces-new-hires-and-promotions-in-line-with-strategic-growth-300453954.html
SOURCE Y Media Labs