NEW YORK, Nov. 2, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Yext, the global leader in Location Data Management, announced today the launch of the Yext Location Cloud Platform, which gives businesses centralized control of their location data across their organizations.
"We've worked with a lot of our customers individually, helping integrate the Location Cloud into their organization's infrastructure — connecting to call center software, marketing systems, POS systems, and analytics systems," said Howard Lerman, Yext Co-Founder & CEO. "The result is this incredibly flexible platform. We decided to bundle all of this innovation and offer it as a standalone product. Now companies will be able to manage their location data internally, just as they do with their CRMs and employee data."
"Location data touches all parts of an organization, but typically, each department has their own system of management — leading to duplicate and often contradictory information within the company," said Marc Ferrentino, Yext Chief Strategy Officer. "From changes in office hours to warehouse opening and closings, and from localized email sends to support line call-routing — businesses need a centralized way manage their location data."
Announcing the Yext Location Cloud Platform
The Yext Location Cloud Platform enables developers across all industries to leverage location data in new ways that deliver operational excellence. The Platform provides access to:
- New Open APIs, including our Yext Location Cloud API and Live API.
- Developer Console for managing integrated apps.
- Developer Portal with documentation, guides, libraries, FAQs, and other resources including sandbox instances.
- Developers can also create Developer Accounts to use while learning about Yext APIs, and for testing integrations before turning them on in production.
- Geocoding gives businesses precise control over where their location pins get placed on maps.
- Custom Fields enable businesses to publish information specific to their business models, such as open status, appointment type, and square footage.
- Smart Address Formats automatically adjust to support 78 unique country address standards.
- A customizable Local User Portal lets businesses empower local managers to update information about their locations.
The Yext Location Cloud Platform can already be used to:
- Bolster customer support systems that route location-specific reviews to the right representatives, enable them to respond to those reviews through support software, and power location review requests after tickets are closed.
- Enable localized social engagement efforts by adding location reviews to social feeds and supporting review response from existing social platforms.
- Enhance smart CRM by incorporating location reviews into customer history and creating contacts when new customers leave location reviews.
- Enhance marketing emails with location-specific content and automated review requests.
- Empower smarter POS systems and cash registers that add location-specific information to receipts, including review links and store hours.
A number of leading brands already use the Yext Location Cloud Platform to streamline workflows and enhance customer service.
"We physically move about 10-15% of our sixty-five office locations annually, which means we need to have a centralized platform for our digital footprint to be able cleanly to say, 'OK we've made this change, and it has been changed everywhere.' To me, that is the core value of Yext," said Steve Storti, Chief Marketing Officer of Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Fox & Roach Realtors.
To learn more about the Yext Location Cloud Platform or to request a developer account, visit developer.yext.com.
Yext puts business on the map with the award-winning Location Cloud. We enable companies of all sizes to manage location data across their websites, mobile apps, internal systems, and the industry's largest ecosystem of maps, apps, social networks, directories, and search engines including Google, Apple, Facebook, Bing, and Yahoo. Our products — Listings, Pages & Reviews — enable the world's millions of businesses to drive face-to-face and digital interactions that boost brand awareness, drive foot traffic, and increase sales.
Based in the heart of New York City with a growing team of over 600 employees worldwide, Yext has been recognized as one of America's fastest-growing companies by the Inc. 5000 (2015 & 2016), one of Forbes' Most Promising Companies (2014 & 2015) and one of Fortune's Best Places to Work (2014, 2015, & 2016).
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/yext-launches-the-location-cloud-platform-for-businesses-300355558.html