ATLANTIC CITY, N.J., April 22, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- To celebrate America's independence, Atlantic City is asking "the people" to choose the official soundtrack to Atlantic City's July 4th fireworks spectacular. Produced by the Atlantic City Alliance, all fireworks lovers are invited to pick their favorite songs for one of America's largest fireworks shows at www.facebook.com/doatlanticcity.
Do you prefer Ray Charles' soulful version of "America the Beautiful" to James Taylor's laidback version? Do you dig Jimi Hendrix's psychedelic instrumental rendering of "The Star Spangled Banner" better than Whitney Houston's timeless take on America's national anthem?
You simply vote for the songs you love most among 37 suggested songs. After the votes are tallied, AC and the show's producers will build your fireworks show. Categories include "America the Beautiful," "God Bless America," "The Star Spangled Banner," Blake Shelton songs and Pop/Top 40 tunes.
The "We the People. By the People. For the People. Do AC July 4 Fireworks Spectacular Soundtrack Song Contest" kicked off via Facebook on Monday, April 21, at 11:00 a.m. You can vote through Friday, May 2.
Here are the details:
- The ACA is holding a contest to curate the soundtrack to this year's display. Users are asked to choose song selections from 5 categories.
- Categories include "America the Beautiful," "The Star Spangled Banner," "God Bless America," Blake Shelton (who will be playing a free beach concert in Atlantic City on July 31 ) songs and Pop-Top 40 tunes such as Katy Perry's "Firework."
- Top music selected will then be used as the official soundtrack for the July 4 fireworks in Atlantic City.
- Visit www.facebook.com/doatlanticcity to vote on your song choices. The DO AC Facebook page has a dedicated tab called "July 4th Music"
- Ten (10) randomly selected users will be awarded a DO AC Summer Beach Package — a "Goodie Bag" filled with prizes perfect for the summer on Atlantic City's free beach, including DO AC sunglasses, beach balls and more!
Fourth of July weekend kicks off with one of the top five fireworks displays in the country. The Atlantic City July 4 Fireworks will take place over the ocean off the Atlantic City beaches and marina. This show, which begins at 9:30 p.m., and is free to the general public, is so big that it takes two ocean barges and one marina platform to fill the island's entire sky.
About Atlantic City
From sandals to stilettos and foie gras to funnel cakes, Atlantic City offers something for everyone. Enjoy world-class entertainment, dining, shopping, gaming, relaxing on the beach and strolling the historic Boardwalk in the city created to escape the city. For more information visit www.doatlanticcity.com.
The Atlantic City Alliance was established in 2011 as a private, not-for-profit corporation whose primary mission is to develop and implement a full-scale, broad-based, multi-year marketing program for Atlantic City.
SOURCE Atlantic City Alliance