NEW YORK, Dec. 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- YOU On Demand Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: YOD) ("YOU On Demand") China's leading national Pay-Per-View (PPV) and Video On Demand (VOD) platform, summarized its 2012 business accomplishments and announced several business initiatives for 2013.
- Signed content deals with Disney Media Distribution, Paramount Pictures, NBCUniversal, Lionsgate, Magnolia Pictures, Miramax, 3Net, Gravitas, K2 Communications, 3D Content Hub and Screen Media Ventures
- Increased distribution from 3 million to 13.2 million homes passed nationally in China
- Secured exclusive Video On Demand (VOD) rights to China Home Cinema's full movie catalogue
- Signed distribution deal with the first internet television platform approved by China's State Administration of Radio, Film and Television
2013 Business Initiatives
- Increase homes passed from 13.2 million to 30 million by the end of 2013
- January launch of entire YOU On Demand suite of products:
- TVOD: YOU On Demand (Premium Window New Releases & Library Hollywood Titles)
- SVOD: YOU Cinema On Demand (Hollywood Library Titles) & CHC Cinema On Demand (Chinese Domestic Titles)
- January launch of our first marketing campaign which will target the 2-week celebration of the Chinese New Year
- Launch of additional SVOD offerings:
- YOU Kids On Demand featuring hundreds of hours of the best kids content from the top networks
- YOU 3D On Demand featuring dozens of high quality 3D movies, documentaries and television shows
"2012 was a very productive year as we continued to build our YOU On Demand platform and exceeded both our content and distribution goals," said Shane McMahon, Chairman and CEO of YOU On Demand. "We are looking forward to a successful 2013 with increased VOD revenue from our full range of TVOD and SVOD offerings."
About YOU On Demand Holdings, Inc.
YOU On Demand is the leading national Pay-Per-View and Video On Demand platform in China. The Company offers high quality premium content to customers across China through its Near Video On Demand (NVOD), Video On Demand (VOD) and Subscription Video On Demand (SVOD) services. The Company consists of a portfolio of businesses that include alliances with leading media operators, comprehensive end-to-end content delivery, an exclusive billing solution, governmental partnerships and approvals, and value added services.
YOU On Demand has secured strategic partnerships with the largest media entities in China, and has a highly experienced management team with a strong background in Cable, Television, Media and Telecom. The company is headquartered in New York, NY, with its China headquarters in Beijing. For more information, visit http://www.yod.com.
This press release contains certain statements that may include "forward looking statements." All statements other than statements of historical fact included herein are "forward-looking statements." These forward looking statements are often identified by the use of forward-looking terminology such as "believes," "expects" or similar expressions, involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties. Although the Company believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are reasonable, they do involve assumptions, risks and uncertainties, and these expectations may prove to be incorrect. You should not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date of this press release. The Company's actual results could differ materially from those anticipated in these forward-looking statements as a result of a variety of factors, including those discussed in the Company's periodic reports that are filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission and available on its website (http://www.sec.gov). All forward-looking statements attributable to the Company or persons acting on its behalf are expressly qualified in their entirety by these factors. Other than as required under the securities laws, the Company does not assume a duty to update these forward-looking statements.
YOU On Demand
SOURCE YOU On Demand Holdings, Inc.