"With new mobile fraud tactics being developed daily, the mobile app ecosystem needs to take fraud prevention very seriously to safeguard customer acquisition campaigns while protecting users," said Moshe Vaknin, Co-Founder and CEO, YouAppi. "At YouAppi, we're rolling out a new version of OneRun in order to tackle the range of mobile user acquisition fraud from multiple points."
With the cost of ad fraud (including both mobile and desktop) rising from $7.2 billion now to at least $50 billion by 2025, according to a report by The World Federation of Advertisers, YouAppi is releasing the following capabilities in its OneRun Platform to identify and block fraud protection solutions:
- IP Blacklisting: YouAppi monitors IP blacklists that are updated in real-time to ensure that it's not purchasing traffic from any blacklisted source. Questionable sources of traffic are adept at changing their IP addresses quickly so OneRun's service is monitored in real-time 24/7/365.
- Click Validity Analysis: Using the industry's best practices, YouAppi's data scientists run click validity analyses to ensure that the sources of the clicks are real people and not bots or other malicious sources.
- Users Multiple Clicks Analysis: YouAppi's data scientists monitor user click patterns, looking for multiple users on the same IP address and multiple clicks on ads or elsewhere within a short period of time to detect signs of malicious downloads.
- Hourly Install and Conversion Analysis: One traffic source should be generating consistent patterns of app installs and conversions, so OneRun detects inconsistent patterns and alerts YouAppi's data scientists to further examine that source of traffic.
- Click-to-Install Delay Analysis: Over 90 percent of installs occur within the first four hours, so YouAppi's data scientists use click-to-install delay analysis to screen fraudulent mobile downloads.
- Continuous Automated App Scanning: YouAppi has developed an App Scanning Lab to monitor and test app usage patterns, downloads and installs.
"As the mobile channel is relatively new and its detection not as mature, fraudsters are turning to it in the hopes they will have an easier time perpetrating fraud initiated from mobile devices," said Andras Cser, VP, principal analyst for security & risk professionals at Forrester.
To safeguard the 450 leading advertisers who have run more than 15,000 mobile user acquisition campaigns to reach YouAppi's 1.5 billion profiles, the company's data scientists have incorporated sophisticated anti-fraud measures into the OneRun Mobile Growth Platform.
As more and more advertising budgets shift to mobile, fraud becomes more complex and sophisticated. To address the dynamic nature of fraud, YouAppi's data scientists are continuously adding new anti-fraud analytics tests and anti-fraud solutions to address the new mobile fraud tactics being used.
YouAppi offers a single point that streamlines 200 billion monthly impressions being served to 1.5 billion monthly mobile profiles in over 200 countries. As the company's technology adds new functionality, such as OneRun's suite of fraud solutions, YouAppi's Media Management Team leverages the power of OneRun to understand client KPIs, optimizing each campaign to ensure that clients pay the right price for the right conversion.
YouAppi is a fully managed growth marketing platform for premium mobile brands. It provides one single point to streamline their mobile media buying. YouAppi's OneRun platform combines the power of machine learning with YouAppi's proprietary predictive algorithms, and cohort technology, to analyze the mobile content consumption patterns of over 1.5 billion users, converting data into profitable users. For more information, visit http://www.youappi.com
Chief Marketing Officer
PR for YouAppi