YourTango.com Declares February 13th the Second Annual "Break Up with Your Ex" Day and Launches BreakUpWithYourEx.com to Help People Dump Their Ex Before Valentine's Day
NEW YORK, Jan. 31, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Last year YourTango.com -- the leader in love and relationships -- determined that 71% of people think about their ex "too much" and 57% of people would like to "break up" with their ex. With social media providing a constant connection to past loves, YourTango called for digital detachment to truly make the break.
From February 1 through 13, YourTango.com is again providing support to millions of people to make the break from their exes digitally (i.e. unfriend him on Facebook, unfollow her on Twitter, delete his phone number, untag her photos, etc.) and otherwise.
The site is also encouraging people to improve their own well-being as they mend their broken hearts by giving themselves a "breakover" – a makeover designed to move beyond a failed relationship. According to YourTango research*, 85% of people agree "most people have a hard time getting over a breakup and could use a 'breakover' to help them recover."
Additional YourTango research shows that women are more confident about being independent than ever before. They are taking proactive steps -- eating right, exercising, shopping, and spending time with friends -- to move on from an ex.
- 84% believe a break-up provides the best opportunity for self-improvement.
- 64% tend to lose weight through diet and exercise after a breakup.
- 72% of the respondents have de-friended their ex, whereas only 41% surveyed last year at this time had done so.
- 81% of respondents said that having sex with your ex is always a bad idea.
- 93% found it totally inappropriate to ever end a relationship electronically.
- Good-bye Haagen-Dazs, hello Sutter Home! Wine topped the survey as the go-to comfort food/beverage to mend a broken heart followed by chocolate and then fruits and veggies.
"Last year YourTango determined that 57% of singles felt thinking about their ex prevents them from finding new love while another 36% said their attachment to their ex interferes with their marriage. These staggering figures continue to motivate us to help millions of people take action," said YourTango CEO, Andrea Miller. "Thankfully, women are more ready than ever to move on from exes and embrace the concept of a breakover."
YourTango is offering tools and activities to sever ties and prepare for a new relationship, including:
- a resource center at BreakUpWithYourEx.com, featuring videos, stories, advice and Infographics by Condor Consulting.
- take-overs of Facebook.com/YourTango by YourTango Experts.
- the "Why-I-need-to-break-up-with-my-ex—In 10 Words or Less" contest starting February 1st. Winners announced February 13th.
- Users are encouraged to share their stories via hashtag #DumpUrEx
Yahoo!Shine, Bliss.com, MadameNoire.com, and Match.com are participating as media partners.
YourTango.com is the digital leader in love & relationships. With a mission to help users live their best love lives, YourTango offers award-winning content, community, tools, and connections to relationships experts to over 3mm unique visitors per month.
More by this Source
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.