Zagat Celebrates Up-and-Coming Industry Stars in First-Ever Chicago 30 Under 30 List
NEW YORK, March 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Zagat Survey announced its first-ever Chicago 30 Under 30 list today. The list was compiled by Zagat's editorial team and spotlights chefs, bar managers, restaurateurs, sommeliers, pastry chefs and even a head of charcuterie, all under the age of 30.
"This year's honorees represent the next generation of culinary trailblazers in Chicago," said Chris Walsh , Managing Editor of zagat.com. "We're proud to recognize these young leaders for their contributions to the food and wine industry. Whether it's behind the bar, in the kitchen or managing the front of the house, we acknowledge them for their successes."
Zagat's 2012 Chicago 30 Under 30:
- Jimmy Bannos Jr. (27), Chef/Partner, The Purple Pig
- Jess Carney (28), Sous Chef, GT Fish & Oyster
- Jeff Donahue (29), Manager/Bartender, The Barrelhouse Flat
- Joe Doren (26), Chef, Franks 'N' Dawgs
- Rochelle DuBridge (26), Pastry Chef, Julius Meinl
- Richie Farina (29), Chef de Cuisine, Moto
- Zach Friedlander (26), Bartender, Gilt / Maude's
- Joe Frillman (29), Sous Chef, Balena
- Cosmo Goss (24), Head of Charcuterie, Publican Quality Meats
- Elliot Green (28), Sous Chef, Avec
- Robby Haynes (29), Head Bartender, The Violet Hour
- Ronnie Higgins (24), Bar Manager, Bangers & Lace
- Matthew Kirkley (28), Executive Chef, L2O
- Chris Marchino (29), Executive Sous Chef, Spiaggia
- Molly Melman and Jerrod Melman (26 and 29), Restaurateurs, Lettuce Entertain You (RPM Italian, Hub 51, M Street Kitchen, Stella Rossa Pizza Bar and Paris Club)
- Desiree Napolitano (28), Sommelier, Chicago Cut Steakhouse
- Jennifer Petrusky (24), Chef de Cuisine, Yusho Restaurant
- David Posey (28), Chef de Cuisine, Blackbird
- Toni Roberts (27), Pastry Chef, theWit Hotel
- Amanda Rockman (29), Executive Pastry Chef, The Bristol and Balena
- Ian Rossman (28), Sous Chef, Frog N Snail
- Revae Schneider (28), Proprietress, La Femme du Coupe
- Craig Schoettler (25), Executive Chef, The Aviary
- Jay Schroeder (28), Bartender, Double A (at Mercadito)
- Carl Shelton (27), Chef de Cuisine, Boka
- Rachel Slivicki (25), Assistant Pastry Chef, Hot Chocolate
- Chuy Valencia (26), Chef/Co-Owner, Chilam Balam
- Erling Wu-Bower (29), Sous Chef, The Publican
- Kady Yon (25), Executive Pastry Chef, The Pump Room
- Jonathan Zaragoza (22), Chef-Owner, Birrieria Zaragoza
For more information including bios and pictures of this year's winners, please visit Zagat's Blog, at http://blog.zagat.com/.
About Zagat Survey, LLC: Known as the "burgundy bible," Zagat Survey is the world's most trusted source for consumer-generated survey information. With a worldwide network of surveyors, Zagat rates and reviews restaurants, hotels, nightlife, movies, music, golf, shopping and a range of other entertainment categories and is lauded as the "most up-to-date," "comprehensive" and "reliable" guide, published on all platforms. Zagat content is available to consumers wherever and whenever they need it: on zagat.com, ZAGAT.mobi, ZAGAT TO GO for smartphones and in book form. In September of 2011, Zagat was acquired by Google Inc.
More by this Source
Zagat Publishes First-ever Mexico City Restaurant Survey
Apr 19, 2013, 06:00 ET
Zagat publica primera encuesta de restaurantes de la Ciudad de México
Apr 19, 2013, 06:00 ET
Zagat Releases 2013 San Francisco Nightlife Survey Covering 601 Bay Area Nightspots
Dec 05, 2012, 11:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.