Zatarain's Kitchen Jazzes Up Airport Dining
Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport Adds Host of Restaurants to Provide Authentic Food and Flavors to Travelers
NEW ORLEANS, Nov. 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Passengers flying in and out of New Orleans will now be able to enjoy the authentic flavors and dishes of the city without ever having to leave the terminal. Zatarain's Kitchen, a restaurant embodiment of the spirited brand serving up New Orleans-Style food for more than 120 years, opens this week in Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport. Designed to bring the signature taste of the city's food and flavor to visitors from arrival to departure, the restaurant will serve up traditional dishes that have been prepared in Louisiana home kitchens for years.
"Zatarain's is as authentic to New Orleans as you can get, and that's why it's a pantry staple in both local kitchens and some of the city's most popular restaurants," said Michael Morse, General Manager of Zatarain's. "We're excited to expand our presence by opening Zatarain's Kitchen and welcoming visitors to our vibrant city with unique dishes from our home."
Owned and operated by hospitality management company Delaware North, Zatarain's Kitchen will "showcase the sights, smells and tastes of New Orleans," said Rich Bell, General Manager of Delaware North. "Both New Orleans and Zatarain's are all about big flavors and big fun and we're proud to bring that experience to the gateway of the city."
With seating for 35, Zatarain's Kitchen will serve breakfast, lunch and dinner prepared by Executive Chef Nick Catlett, from its location in Concourse B which serves US Airways, Southwest Airlines and AirTran Airways. The restaurant will offer a menu that includes a wide variety of traditional New Orleans-Style menu items, such as:
- Breakfast Dirty Rice Platter: A unique mix of scrambled eggs, breakfast sausage, Zatarain's Dirty Rice and a hot biscuit ($6.99)
- Shrimp Gumbo: Louisiana Gulf shrimp and okra mixed with Zatarain's traditional seasonings and slowly cooked in a hearty brown roux. ($6.99)
- Louisiana Chicken Salad: Julienned chicken breast roasted with Zatarain's Creole seasoning served on mixed greens with a choice of specialty dressings. ($7.99)
- Zatarain's Sampler: Get the true taste of New Orleans with a sampling of Zatarain's signature Jambalaya, Red Beans & Rice and Shrimp Gumbo. ($9.99)
- Chicken & Sausage Jambalaya: Roasted chicken, local smoked sausage, vegetable trinity and a spicy seasoning mix cooked with rice makes Louisiana's most famous dish – Zatarain's Jambalaya. ($6.99)
Zatarain's Kitchen opens just in time for the busy February tourism season in New Orleans, which will bring visitors to the city for both the professional football championship game and Mardi Gras.
Visit www.facebook.com/zatarains to learn more about the authentic recipes and products showcased on the Zatarain's Kitchen menu and be sure to follow Zatarain's on Twitter (@MyZatarains) for more timely updates.
Since 1889, Zatarain's has been the authority on the fun and flavor of New Orleans. From its humble beginnings producing root beer extract, the company has grown to make more than 200 food products from Rice Dinner Mixes, Frozen Entrees, Pasta Dinner Mixes, Breadings, Seasonings and Spices to Seafood Boils, Creole Mustard and other products based on authentic New Orleans–Style recipes and seafood preparation. Now, people around the world recognize that to capture the true flavor of New Orleans cuisine, you have to "Jazz It Up with Zatarain's." For information, recipes and Zatarain's online store, visit www.zatarains.com.
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.