LINCOLNSHIRE, Ill., May 25, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), a global leader in providing solutions and services that give enterprises real-time visibility into their operations, today announced the Azara cloud-managed WLAN solution which combines the functionality of Zebra's enterprise-grade WiFi with the simplicity and flexibility of managing the WLAN infrastructure from the cloud. With Azara, businesses can leverage the same enterprise access points (APs) used for on-premise WLAN and manage them from the cloud, protecting their hardware investment and providing the flexibility to migrate to and from a cloud-managed deployment.
- Built from the ground up, Azara provides enterprise-class WLAN with policy enforcement, application visibility and control, site survivability, wireless intrusion prevention services (WIPS), and Smart (adaptive) RF with a simple and intuitive user interface.
- Azara empowers partners to provision and manage WLAN services for all of their customers from a unified dashboard with the ability to personalize the service.
- Businesses can get up and running for a minimal investment in time and cost because Azara supports the WiNG 5 architecture – eliminating the need for hardware controllers while offering optimal WiFi coverage and performance.
- Zebra NSight network analytics and service assurance platform is fully integrated into Azara and provides network visualization, historical trends and analytics.
- Azara is risk free – offering 100% survivability in the event of wide area network (WAN) link failure. Supporting all Zebra enterprise-grade 802.11ac APs and switches, Azara can be centrally managed with a secure connection over the Internet.
Adam Casgar, President, Coastal Computer Consulting LLC
"As a managed service provider, we want to give our clients the best solutions. Azara is the best cloud networking solution available. It is easy to install, easy to use and 100 percent reliable. In addition, with the Zebra NSight platform, we're able to manage all of our clients' wireless networks from a single, intuitive console. Our ticket management has significantly decreased and our clients are very happy with the performance and ease of Azara."
Imran Akbar, Vice President and General Manager, Enterprise Networks & Communications, Zebra Technologies
"For decades, Zebra has powered some of the world's largest distributed WLAN networks, helping enterprises run their mission-critical operations. Zebra's cloud-based network management for enterprise-class wireless infrastructure is field-proven and offers flexibility and confidence to businesses that are embracing the cloud. After all, the cloud is just another delivery model; there is no need to compromise on scale, stability, functionality or performance."
With the unparalleled visibility Zebra (NASDAQ: ZBRA) provides, enterprises become as smart and connected as the world we live in. Real-time information – gleaned from visionary solutions including hardware, software and services – give organizations the competitive edge they need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses and customers, and empower their mobile workers to succeed in today's data-centric world. For more information, visit www.zebra.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
Industry Analyst Contact:
ZEBRA and the stylized Zebra head are trademarks of ZIH Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2016 ZIH Corp. and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/zebra-technologies-announces-its-first-cloud-networking-solution-for-worry-free-enterprise-wireless-lan-300274431.html
SOURCE Zebra Technologies Corporation