LINCOLNSHIRE, Ill., April 28, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), a global leader in solutions and services that provide real-time visibility into organizations' assets, people and transactions, today announced that the DS3600 scanner, the TC8000 touch mobile computer, the ZD410 compact desktop printer and the TC70 touch computer have all earned the prestigious Red Dot Award for high quality design.
The multiple awards are an acknowledgment of Zebra's dedication to recognizing industries' needs and providing customer-centric product design, focused on ergonomic and efficiency principles. The jury of the international competition "Red Dot Award: Product Design" bestows the sought-after seal of quality on products that set themselves apart thanks to their excellent design. The jury consists of some 40 recognized experts from around the world who assessed entrants from 57 countries.
KEY FACTS DS3600 scanner
- The DS3600 is designed to boost productivity and worker efficiency providing fast, accurate performance on 1D and 2D bar codes from a variety of distances.
- It is built to perform in the most extreme conditions offering the industry's highest drop (8 feet to concrete), tumble and sealing specifications in its class.
KEY FACTS TC8000
- The ergonomic, lightweight TC8000 touch mobile computer shaves seconds off each repetitive motion, increasing productivity by an average of 14% and reducing worker fatigue.
- The revolutionary TC8000 design involved working extensively with users to completely re-think, re-design and re-engineer industrial mobile computers based on deep research and human factor analysis.
KEY FACTS ZD410
- Designed for the smallest of work spaces, the ZD410 is a compact direct thermal printer. With five "icons", it provides users all the status information needed to keep the printer up, running and available.
- Flexibility is a key trait of the ZD410. With field-installable connectivity and media handling options, businesses can customize the printer to meet their needs, maximizing printer functionality and uptime.
KEY FACTS TC70
- The TC70 combines the ease of use of a smartphone with the purpose-built durability that businesses demand.
- The TC70 is designed to boost efficiency and customer service, allowing for secure data capture, payment processing and communication.
Prof. Dr. Peter Zec, founder and CEO of Red Dot
"The Red Dot jury and our organization acknowledge Zebra's high quality product design. The winning entries set themselves apart from comparable projects. They succeed in seamlessly combining innovation and ease-of use and are outstanding examples of great design."
Tom Bianculli, vice president, Emerging Technology Office, Zebra
"Zebra's design approach is working in collaboration with its customers in order to completely fulfill their business requirements and improve ease of use. The four Red Dot awards recognize Zebra's dedication to providing innovative solutions that combine function and form to benefit our partners and customers."
Zebra (NASDAQ: ZBRA) makes businesses as smart and connected as the world we live in. Zebra tracking and visibility solutions transform the physical to digital, creating the data streams enterprises need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses, and empower their mobile workforces. For more information, visit www.zebra.com.
Therese Van Ryne
Industry Analyst Contact:
Zebra Technologies, Zebra and the Zebra logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Zebra Technologies Corporation and are used under license. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. ©2016 Zebra Technologies Corporation. All rights reserved.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/zebra-technologies-wins-four-red-dot-awards-for-design-innovation-300258951.html
SOURCE Zebra Technologies Corporation