BOSTON, Massachusetts, March 9, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Zerto, setting the standard for protection, recovery and migration of data in cloud and virtualized data centers, today announced the most frequent data center IT request has been solved with the general availability of Zerto Virtual Replication version 4.5. The new Journal File Level Recovery™ feature enables the restoration of any file from a point in time just seconds before a deletion, virus, or data corruption occurred to significantly reduce the impact of data loss on common daily requests for data restoration. This powerful new feature gives business and IT leaders' greater confidence in data restoration including SAP, SQL, Oracle and Exchange database files and user data in home folders and file shares.
Utilizing compressed journaling of the changed blocks from the protected Virtual Machines (VMs), Zerto Virtual Replication maintains a granularity of the data in increments of seconds up to the past two weeks. This enables point in time recovery with the ability to rewind data back in time to recover from corruptions, deletions or even system-wide data disruptions due to ransomware or system upgrade errors.
"As a cloud service provider we see a wide range of customer support requirements, which recovering a file, mailbox, or folder is our most frequently requested support task," said Andy Yik, System Consultant, Nexus Solutions Limited. "Previously, we were quite constrained by outmoded backup technologies, and still experiencing data loss given the gaps. We saw the new Journal File Level Recovery feature within Zerto Virtual Replication version 4.5 will improve our customer support capabilities and improve their productivity from greatly minimizing if not eliminating data loss," he continued.
In comparison, traditional recovery methods only allow file system objects to be restored from nightly, infrequent backups, which can result in significant data loss and subsequent rework of lost materials. These methods also incur a significant performance, storage and management overhead of the production data to minimize impact. With Zerto Virtual Replication, this overhead and complexity is removed as the replication is always-on, delivering continuous replication with no snapshots, no overhead in production and no performance impact in the protected VMs.
"The ability to help IT and business leaders confidently recover and restore within minutes any aspect of their IT infrastructure up to the last seconds of an outage is one that truly gives our customers a competitive advantage. For highly regulated industries such as healthcare and financial services, this level of business continuity and disaster recovery granularity helps them easily exceed compliance requirements, while providing better customer experiences," says Oded Kedem, CTO and co-founder, Zerto.
New enhancements and features in Zerto Virtual Replication 4.5 include:
- Journal File Level Recovery™ enables the recovery of any file system object, including but not limited to SQL, Oracle, Exchange and user data, from any point in time to increments in seconds up to two weeks in the past to remove the impact of data loss from using in-frequent backup solutions
Zerto Announced General Availability of Zerto Virtual Replication Version 4.5
- Journaling Compression of changed block data stored in the recovery site, saving 60% on average of disk space utilized for enabling point in time recovery of data and applications
- Role-based Access Control integration into Active Directory to delegate view, edit, test and failover permissions to users and groups on a per protection group basis to empower application owners with disaster recovery self-service
- Automatic prioritization of replication traffic to enable maximum WAN utilization across all tiers of protected applications, with dynamic optimization of the replication traffic of each application in a bandwidth contention scenario to ensure business and application SLAs are maintained
- New APIs for automating deployment and the creation of protection groups to enable automatic protection and subsequent editing of protected VMs, increasing efficiency and automation of the virtual environment
The industry's premier business continuity and disaster recovery conference, ZertoCON 2016, will showcase these new features and more to help today's IT leaders unlock the potential of their data centers. The conference takes place May 23-25, 2016 in Boston.
Zerto is committed to keeping enterprise and cloud IT running 24/7 by providing innovative, simple, reliable and scalable business continuity software solutions. Through the Zerto Cloud Continuity Platform, organizations can seamlessly move and protect virtualized workloads between public, private and hybrid clouds. The company's flagship product, Zerto Virtual Replication, has become the standard for protection, recovery and migration of applications in cloud and virtualized data centres, and won numerous awards, including Best of Show at VMworld 2011, Best of VMworld Europe 2014, as well as 2011, 2012 and 2013 Product of the Year Awards for its innovative hypervisor-based replication approach. For more information, go to http://www.zerto.com.