SEATTLE, April 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Zillow, Inc. (NASDAQ: Z), the leading real estate information marketplace, today announced the launch of Zillow® Rentals for Android™ App, the company's first dedicated rentals app, optimized for renters who need to make decisions quickly.
The Zillow Rentals for Android App is the only rentals app that allows users to access Rent Zestimates® – Zillow's estimated rent prices on more than 100 million U.S. homes and apartments. Additionally, the app allows rental shoppers to:
- Compare and contrast favorite homes on a side-by-side list, a rental app feature exclusive to Zillow.
- Draw one or more boundaries around neighborhoods to narrow a search by geography.
- Use Android's voice search capabilities to quickly search for-rent homes in an area.
- Quickly browse color-coded results organized by time on market, so renters know which homes are new to the market and which have already been viewed.
- Automatically receive on-screen notifications when new rental homes matching search criteria hit the market, with no login or sign-up required.
- Contact landlords by phone or email instantly. These properties are automatically added to the renter's list of favorites with a time stamp to help keep track of when landlords were contacted.
"Renters shop differently from buyers and look at many homes quickly, in specific locations, in a short amount of time," said Jeremy Wacksman, vice president of consumer marketing and mobile at Zillow. "The Zillow Rentals for Android App was created specifically to address their needs by organizing listings in an easily-accessible way and allowing them to shop for the right home on location, in the neighborhood where they want to live."
This is Zillow's 10th mobile app, adding to the most popular suite of mobile real estate apps with dedicated apps available on every major platform. Zillow's early investment in mobile is fueling the company's growth. In March, 155 million homes were viewed on Zillow mobile apps – that's 57 homes per second.
Zillow Mobile's full suite includes: Zillow on iPad®; Zillow iPhone® App; Zillow Mortgage Marketplace iPhone App; Zillow Android App; Zillow Mortgage Marketplace Android App; Zillow Android Tablet App; Zillow BlackBerry® App; Zillow Kindle® Fire App; Zillow Windows® Phone 7 App.
Zillow Rentals for Android App is free to download, and is available in the Google® Play store starting today: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zillow.android.rentals
Search for "Zillow" in the Google Play store, or find it in the Lifestyle category.
About Zillow, Inc. Zillow (NASDAQ: Z) is the leading real estate information marketplace, providing vital information about homes, real estate listings and mortgages through its website and mobile applications, enabling homeowners, buyers, sellers and renters to connect with real estate and mortgage professionals best suited to meet their needs. In March 2012, more than 32 million unique users visited Zillow's websites and mobile applications. Zillow, Inc. operates Zillow.com®, Zillow Mortgage Marketplace, Zillow Mobile, Postlets® and Diverse Solutions. The company is headquartered in Seattle.
Zillow.com, Zillow, Zestimate and Postlets are registered trademarks of Zillow, Inc. Diverse Solutions is a trademark of Zillow, Inc.
Kindle Fire is a trademark of Seesaw, LLC. iPhone and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. Google is a registered trademark of Google Inc. BlackBerry is a registered trademark of Research in Motion Limited. Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corp.
SOURCE Zillow, Inc.