Zippity Do Da: Colorado's Natural Beauty Best Seen from Soaring High Above
DENVER, April 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- As summer approaches in Colorado, visitors can take to the skies for the best views of the state. Colorado is home to 15 zip line attractions with more coming online this summer. For additional information on Colorado visit www.COLORADO.com.
- AVA's Zip Line Tours in Buena Vista offers a seven line course over 44 acres with the Arkansas River and Collegiate Peaks as the ultimate backdrop.
- The Bat-A-Pult in Manitou Springs features an epic, 1,200-foot round trip ride across Williams Canyon.
- Captain Zip Line's Lost Canyon Zip Line Tours in Salida was one of the first zip lines to debut in the country. Tours feature lines where riders reach speeds of up to 40 miles per hour.
- Colorado Zip Line Adventures in Avon boasts six different zip lines, with some as high as 200 feet in the air and more than 1,000 feet in length, offering unbeatable views of the Vail Valley.
- Crested Butte Zip Line Canopy Tour at Crested Butte Mountain Resort features five zip lines ranging in length from 120 - 400 feet connected by features (or "events") that include wooden suspension bridges and massive platforms.
- Denver Zip Line Tours in Golden is one of the closest zip lines to Denver, located in a Rocky Mountain pine forest, and includes Colorado's fastest and longest zip lines, taking travelers at speeds in excess of 50 miles per hour, 200 feet in the air for 6,000 feet.
- Full Blast Zip Line Canopy Tour in Durango offers a zip line course that runs through massive timber towers and Ponderosa pine trees. The company also offers Night Flight, which start at sunset and provides guests with a unique perspective.
- Glenwood Canyon Zip Line Adventures in Glenwood Springs allows visitors to soar across the Colorado River in Glenwood Canyon on zip lines 350 feet in the air. The attraction features three separate zip lines, a high ropes challenge course, and a 40-foot rock wall.
- The High Lonesome Zip Line debuts in May at Devil's Thumb Ranch Resort & Spa in Tabernash. The attraction mixes adventure, historical overviews, and adrenaline pumping fun on five zip lines, ranging from 370 to 1,600 feet in length and 28 to 78 feet high.
- Idaho Springs Colorado Canopy Zip Line boasts one of the longest and highest courses in Colorado. The 3,000 foot zip line in Clear Creek Canyon includes five towers reaching up to 65 feet.
- Purgatory Plunge at Purgatory Durango Mountain Resort, so named for the sensation of "plunging" off of a massive tower, allows the visitor to experience vertical and horizontal motion. Two zip lines run for more than the length of a football field at speeds in excess of 35 mph.
- Royal Gorge Zip Line Toursin Canon City boasts 20 different zip lines on two distinct courses, and features nine different zip lines that travel more than a mile in the air.
- The Soaring Eagle Zip Line at the Royal Gorge Bridge and Park in Canon City is the highest zip line in the world, sitting 1,000 feet above the churning Arkansas River below. Two zip lines carry two riders across the entire span of the Royal Gorge at speeds of approximately 35 mph.
- Top of the Rockies Zip Line is open year-round and the property is home to herds of elk, deer, and other Colorado wildlife. Snow Cats and Ranger Cats transport guests up almost 1,000 vertical feet from the Base Camp to platforms starting at 11,200 feet above sea level.
- Soaring Tree Top Adventures in Durango features 24 unique zip lines ranging from 56 to 1,400 feet long, which pass through pristine old-growth alpine forest and across the Animas River. This all-day activity includes a four-course gourmet lunch served in the trees and an eco-tour.
- Vail Mountain Adventure Ridge is set to debut a four-line, 1,200-foot long zip line mid-summer, in addition to two aerial challenge courses, a 40-foot climbing wall and "summer tubing" on the same hill used for snow tubing.
Contact: Roland Alonzi, email@example.com
SOURCE Colorado Tourism Office
More by this Source
Colorado's Festive Celebrations Ring In 2014 In Style
Dec 10, 2013, 10:07 ET
Colorado Welcomes Exciting New Offerings In 2014
Dec 04, 2013, 11:04 ET
Winter Wonderland: Colorado's Coolest Snow Destinations For Families
Nov 01, 2013, 10:15 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.