ZMDI, a global semiconductor company, expands its Smart Power Management product portfolio with two new easy-to-use single-phase digital point-of-load (POL) devices for rapid development of Smart Power Management solutions
DRESDEN, Germany, March 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - ZMD AG (ZMDI), a Dresden-based semiconductor company that specializes in enabling energy-efficient solutions, today announces the launch of two new products: the ZSPM1000ZA1R and ZSPM9010ZA1R. A global supplier of analog and mixed-signal solutions for automotive, industrial, medical, information technology and consumer applications, ZMDI is expanding its Smart Power Management portfolio to serve additional applications for non-isolated DC/DC POL supplies. The ZSPM1000ZA1R operates as a synchronous step-down converter in a single-rail and single-phase configuration with an extended operation temperature range from -40° to +125°C. In addition, ZMDI offers the ZSPM9010ZA1R, a DrMOS device that is an ultra-compact MOSFET with an integrated power-stage driver. In combination with ZMDI's compatible ZSPM90xx DrMOS family, the ZSPM1000ZA1R enables true digital POL solutions for constrained-area and high-performance applications, such as servers, storage units, processor and FPGA boards, and others.
"ZMDI is well-known globally as a supplier of innovative and energy-efficient semiconductors. With this expansion of our product portfolio, we offer our customers leading-edge and easy-to-use POL devices for the rapid development of smart power management solutions," explains Bernhard Huber, Business Line Manager for standard components at ZMDI. "In comparison to conventional analog solutions, digital communication enables tremendous energy savings and thermal management benefits through system-level integration. With our Pink Power Designer™, a best-in-class design optimizer, we can support power engineers to balance design trade-offs such as cost, size and efficiency, which helps to quickly identify the optimal POL solution."
- Performance: The ZSPM1000ZA1R provides best-in-class transient performance, enabled by ZMDI's Tru-Sample™ technology at an extended operation temperature range from -40° to +125 °C. ZMDI's State-Law™ technique ensures a good steady-state behavior at the same time.
- Optimization: The ZSPM9010ZA1R DrMOS is optimized for use with ZMDI's ZSPM1000 digital-controller family for non-isolated POL supplies.
- Package: The ZSPM1000ZA1R digital POL controller IC comes in the smallest standard package currently available: a 24-pin QFN package (4mm x 4mm). The ZSPM9010ZA1R comes in a matching ultra-compact 40-pin PQFN package (6mm x 6mm) and provides 72% space-saving compared to conventional discrete solutions.
- User Friendly: The PC-based ZMDI Pink Power Designer™ provides a user-friendly and easy-to-use interface to the device for communication and configuration. It guides the user through the design of the digital compensator and offers intuitive configuration methods for additional features, such as protection and sequencing.
- Availability and Price: The ZSPM1000ZA1R controller and the ZSPM9010ZA1R DrMOS are in full production now. The complete ZSPM8000 Evaluation Kit and the PC-based Pink Power Designer™ tools are available from ZMDI. For 10,000 pieces, each chipset is priced at €2.52 or $3.64 US.
Zentrum Mikroelektronik Dresden AG (ZMDI) is a global supplier of analog and mixed-signal semiconductors solutions for automotive, industrial, medical, information technology and consumer applications. These solutions enable our customers to create the most energy efficient products in power management, lighting and sensors. For over 50 years, ZMDI has been globally headquartered in Dresden, Germany. With over 300 employees worldwide, ZMDI serves its customers with sales offices and design centers throughout Germany, Italy, Bulgaria, France, United Kingdom, Japan, Korea, Taiwan and the United States.
See more at www.zmdi.com.