KANSAS CITY, Mo., Sept. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- While sane folks try to stay home on Friday the 13th, horror fans welcome the day to test their fate. Knowing this, several America Haunts attractions open their doors for the Halloween season today, lying in wait for those who dare seek to challenge demonic spirits and all that scares them.
"Some things that terrify us have rarely changed throughout history, while others fade in and out from our fear radar," said Amber Arnett-Bequeaith of America Haunts, home to more than 30 of the most terrifying, bloodcurdling scream-inducing haunted houses and attractions in the U.S. "What went bump in the night 50 years ago and horrified our parents may seem like kids' play now."
Knowing this, the diabolical creators of these haunted attractions constantly revamp 60-70 percent of their properties to consistently creep visitors out.
"A visit from The Blob may have sent us running when it invaded planet Earth in 1958, but against Freddie Krueger in 1984, you just can't compare the trouble that's inflicted inside," Arnett-Bequeaith continued.
So what scares us today? According to America Haunts, it is:
- Zombies. The blood-drooling undead can induce tears in those who don't get out of sight fast enough. While Zombie presence has soared in American culture the past five years, it has been part of our twisted entertainment since author William Seabrook introduced the topic in 1928.
- Homicidal Maniacs. Whether it's Norman Bates, Michael Myers, Zep Hindle or their dangerous copycats. They are everywhere at America Haunts. Just ask mainstay Charlie McFree at The Dent Schoolhouse in Cincinnati.
- The Devil and his Minions. Whether Blair Witches, Linda Blair possessed, creepy ghostly children or Satan in any form - from dawn until the end of time, demonic spirits alter our peace of mind.
With those panic-inducing thoughts, Friday the 13th is said to be a 20th Century invention, or perhaps that's just when we discovered it! Test your luck and courage and see if you can make it through America Haunts attractions this Friday. Before you leave the house, remember that on Friday the 13th:
- Alfred Hitchcock would have turned 114 this week
- It is Jason's day of reckoning
- Some say to avoid cutting your hair or a family member will die
- Others say not to pass a funeral or you may die
Winning means you live to see the 14th!
With over 30 haunted houses and attractions across the country, America Haunts delivers fear-based entertainment to more than a million thrill seekers each season. America Haunts has been featured on the Travel Channel and its members repeatedly recognized by Guinness World Records. The organization is committed to providing technical excellence, stunning set design, Hollywood-quality make-up, costumes and actors. Members enjoy nothing more than delivering, a good old-fashioned scare. For information on hours and ticket prices on these haunted attractions, visit www.AmericaHaunts.com/attractions.
SOURCE America Haunts