SANTA MONICA, Calif., March 14, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- ZoneTV, which brings the best in digital-first video to pay TV homes, will add great new programming to its curated programming lineup, as a result of a deal with Studio71, the global media company for creators and one of the world's fastest-growing digital networks with six billion monthly views. All told, more than 20,000 videos, representing nearly 1,500 hours, have been licensed, which will populate multiple new channels for ZoneTV's U.S. and Canadian affiliates.
"With this great programming, we can super-serve several demographics and fan communities, with content we already know they love," said Jeff Weber, CEO, ZoneTV.
With this deal, ZoneTV is able to provide these top professionally produced video producers with a pay TV platform to extend their already popular online and social media channels. Subscribers with ZoneTV affiliates can watch their favorite vloggers and other content on the best screen in the house – the television.
"Our licensees are already drawing large audiences on the web. Our arrangement with ZoneTV will allow these online producers to expand the reach of their programming to an incremental television audience," said Adam Boorstin, executive vice president, global digital distribution, Studio71.
The new licenses include programming such as Epic Meal Time, Household Hacker, The Backyard Scientist, Elite Daily and Flula. With the new licenses, ZoneTV will bolster programming for a number of its verticals, including:
- Kids and families: ZoneTV is creating its own channels for family fun and craft ideas, toy reviews and kid-friendly science experiments
- Girls: These verticals will mash up top content from popular beauty, fashion and style vloggers across the web
- Teen Boys: New channels will focus on topics such as remote-controlled toys, to top video games and gaming tournaments for every youngster in the household
- Culinary channels: Want to become a better cook, or just watch great cooks? Want to see how different chefs make the same soufflé? These channels are for you!
- Lifestyle: If tech is your trending topic, or yoga is your groove, these specially curated channels will bring you the new and now
- Specialty Entertainment: Whether viewers are fine art aficionados, comedy fans, animal lovers or into militaria, they will find top content in these verticals
For more information, visit www.zone.tv.
CONTACT: Linda Haugsted, firstname.lastname@example.org, 562-505-6168
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/zonetv-licenses-more-than-20000-videos-from-studio71-creating-new-pay-tv-entertainment-destinations-300422776.html