Zoosk Launches Contest To Find The Most Romantic Couple In America
SAN FRANCISCO, June 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- –Zoosk, the romantic social network, today launched a contest to find the most romantic couple in America. Couples who create a shared Couple Profile on Zoosk and post "romantic moments" to their profile page could win a romantic getaway and $10,000 cash. Couples can enter the contest at zoosk.com/couple/contest. The contest ends on August 7th.
Couple Profiles were recently introduced by Zoosk and provide a dedicated place for couples to create, store and share their relationship milestones and memories that can be shared with friends and family. With the ability to share photos and note important dates in the relationship (such as anniversaries, engagements, etc.), couples are able to document their romantic journey (while never again forgetting anniversary and birthday dates!). When members of Zoosk declare they are in a relationship, they are led to a separate area of the site allowing them to create a Couple Profile without the dating functionality that is available to single members.
Zoosk recently conducted a survey among more than 1,600 of its members who are in a committed relationship to gather insights about modern day romance. The findings include:
Spontaneity is romantic.
- 75% of couples say the best romantic moments are spontaneous vs. planned.
Even the most loving couples sometimes forget important relationship details.
- 17% of couples admit they have forgotten their anniversary at least once. (Men are twice as likely to have forgotten.)
- 87% of couples say they remember where they went on their first date together (although only 61% remember what their significant other was wearing on that first date).
Couples embrace technology in their relationships.
- 81% of couples say they use technology to interact with each other throughout the day.
- 60% of couples say the primary role of social media in their relationship involves publicly expressing feelings of love or sharing photos/videos or relationship updates with family and friends.
- 40% of couples are more private and use social media primarily to message with each other.
Couples need to ask "could you take a photo of us, please?" more often.
- 84% of couples (83% of men and 86% of women) say they wish they had more photos of themselves together.
To watch a video about Zoosk's Couple Profiles, to enter the contest and to see the full terms and conditions, please visit zoosk.com/couple/contest.
Zoosk is the romantic social network that helps members create and share their romantic journeys, with millions of members from around the globe enjoying the service each month. Zoosk provides members at different stages of their romantic journey with a fun and social set of tools such as Romantic Moments, Couple Profiles, and the Personals application. Members can easily access Zoosk's services from its website, its Facebook app, mobile devices, and a downloadable desktop application. Zoosk is available in 25 languages and has members in more than 70 countries. Founded in 2007 by Shayan Zadeh and Alex Mehr, Zoosk, Inc. is based in San Francisco and backed by Canaan Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, and ATA Ventures.
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.