SAN FRANCISCO, July 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- In celebration of International Kissing Day, recognized around the world on July 6, Zoosk.com, a top online dating service, recently surveyed more than 3,500 singles in the U.S. to gather their thoughts on kissing. The survey results reveal the most memorable kisses in pop culture, favorite kissing spots around the country and the most popular songs to kiss to.
Zoosk's International Kissing Day survey findings include:
- The top 3 kissing songs are…
- 21% of singles say "Could I Have This Kiss Forever" by Whitney Houston & Enrique Iglesias is the best song to kiss to!
- 17% of singles choose "A Kiss From A Rose" by Seal
- 12% of singles choose "Blow Me One Last Kiss" by Pink
- The most memorable on-screen smooches of the summer are…
- 41% of singles say Tony and Pepper's lip lock in "Iron Man 3" was the most memorable kiss among this summer's blockbuster flicks.
- 23% of singles say Spock and Uhura in "Star Trek Into the Darkness."
- 21% of singles say Alan and Cassie in "The Hangover III" shared the most memorable kiss of this summer's blockbuster films.
- The most romantic place to kiss? The beach!
- 30% of singles say the best kissing spot is on the beach.
- Other romantic kissing locations include: in a car (23%), in front of a roaring fireplace (15%), and on a carriage ride in New York's Central Park (14%).
- The majority of singles have dated a "bad kisser."
- 73% of singles say at some point they have dated someone who was a bad kisser.
- Think an Eskimo kiss is strange? The majority of us have done it.
- 77% of singles say they have rubbed nosed, Eskimo kiss style, to show affection to a date.
- Keep 'em closed please.
- 83% of singles prefer to kiss with their eyes closed.
- The politics of kissing:
- 59% of singles say the most memorable kiss in recent political history was President Obama kissing his wife on election night, beating out the famous passionate kiss Al Gore gave his wife Tipper at the Democratic National Convention (21%).
- 71% of Americans say it is more awkward to see world leaders kissing vs. watching a politician kiss his or her spouse.
Zoosk conducted two surveys online in May and June 2013 among Zoosk members in the U.S. The surveys garnered a total of 3,653 responses.
Zoosk's innovative matchmaking technologies connect millions of singles around the world with potential matches every day. Zoosk's Behavioral Matchmaking™ engine presents potential matches to users, models users' behavior as they interact with the recommended singles and continuously incorporates the learnings to improve subsequent suggestions. Founded in 2007 by Alex Mehr and Shayan Zadeh, Zoosk is a top online dating service available in more than 70 countries with headquarters in San Francisco. For more information, visit Zoosk.com.