Zoosk's "Mother-In-Law Day" Survey Uncovers America's Favorite Hollywood Mother-In-Law
SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- In celebration of "Mother-in-Law Day," which is observed on Sunday, October 28, 2012, Zoosk.com, the romantic social network, recently surveyed more than 1,000 Americans to gather their thoughts about the modern-day mother-in-law. The survey findings include:
Most people have a good (or great!) relationship with their mother-in-law.
- 50% of those surveyed (all of whom have a mother-in-law) say they have a "good" or "great" relationship with their significant other's mom.
- 57% of Americans consider their mother-in-law to be a true "friend."
- 72% of Americans say their mother-in-law is a good grandmother to their children.
People admit they seek advice from their mother-in-law more often than you think.
- 44% of survey respondents say they regularly seek out or heed advice from their mother-in-law (in fact, 14% say they do this "all the time!").
- 19% say they "rarely" seek or follow advice from their mother-in-law.
- 36% say they "never" seek or follow advice from their mother-in-law.
Couples are all over the map when it comes to how often they see each other's parents.
- 32% of Americans say they see their mother-in-law just once a year.
- 25% say they see their mother-in-law several times per year.
- 34% of Americans see their mother-in-law at least once a month.
America's favorite Hollywood mother-in-law is Doris Roberts' character from "Everybody Loves Raymond."
- 37% say Doris Roberts' character on "Everybody Loves Raymond" is the best mother-in-law character.
- 31% prefer Blythe Danner's character in "Meet the Parents."
- 26% say Jane Fonda's mother-in-law character in "Monster-in-Law" is their favorite mother-in-law depiction.
- Just 6% prefer Jessica Walter's mother-in-law role in "Arrested Development."
Earlier this year Zoosk introduced its Couple Profiles offering, providing a dedicated place for couples to create, store and share their relationship milestones and memories with friends and family. With the ability to share photos and note important dates in the relationship (such as anniversaries, engagements, etc.), couples are able to document their romantic journey (while never again forgetting anniversary and birthday dates!). When members of Zoosk declare they are in a relationship, they are led to a separate area of the site allowing them to create a Couple Profile without the dating functionality that is available to single members.
The Zoosk Mother-in-Law survey was conducted online in October 2012, among 1,011 users of Zoosk who reside in the United States.
Zoosk is the romantic social network that helps members create and share their romantic journeys, with millions of members from around the globe enjoying the service each month. Zoosk provides members at different stages of their romantic journey with a fun and social set of tools such as Romantic Moments, Couple Profiles, and the Personals application. Members can easily access Zoosk's services from its website, its Facebook app, mobile devices, and a downloadable desktop application. Zoosk is available in 25 languages and has members in more than 70 countries. Founded in 2007 by Shayan Zadeh and Alex Mehr, Zoosk, Inc. is based in San Francisco and backed by Canaan Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, and ATA Ventures.
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.