SAN FRANCISCO, July 31, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- In celebration of Romance Awareness Month, recognized during the month of August, Zoosk.com, a top online dating service, recently conducted its second annual Romance Survey among more than 1,500 singles. The survey results reveal how satisfied singles are with the amount of romance in their lives, which gender is considered more romantic, and the most romantic occasions.
Zoosk's 2013 Romance Awareness Month survey findings include:
- Women say they are more romantic than men, and men agree.
- 81% of women (and 69% of men) say women are the more romantic sex.
- Valentine's Day comes in last when it comes to romantic occasions!
- 57% of singles say that the most romantic occasion is an anniversary.
- 24% of singles say that the most romantic occasion is a first date.
- 19% of singles say that the most romantic occasion is Valentine's Day.
- The single life may sound appealing, but singles crave more romance.
- 73% of single men and 80% of single women say they are not satisfied with the amount of romance in their lives.
- Forget the first date outfit. Planning a surprise activity is more romantic.
- 34% of singles find it most romantic when their date plans a surprise activity for the first date.
- 27% of singles find it most romantic when they hold hands on a first date.
- 25% of singles find it most romantic when their date leans in for a first kiss on the first date.
- Just 15% of singles find it most romantic when it's obvious their date dressed up for a first date.
- Even after initial sparks fly, singles say romance is really important.
- 60% of men and 66% of women say they could not stay in a relationship with someone whom they thought was unromantic.
- Singles say regular romance requires a weekly date.
- 52% of singles say they expect to have a romantic date with their significant other at least once per week.
- Men are more likely to prefer a weekly date (57% of men vs. 44% of women), while 23% of women say every other week is fine and 21% of women are fine with a once-a-month romantic date.
Zoosk conducted the survey online in July 2013. The survey garnered 1,515 responses from singles in the U.S. who are members of the Zoosk community.
Zoosk's innovative matchmaking technologies connect millions of singles around the world with potential matches every day. Zoosk's Behavioral Matchmaking™ engine presents potential matches to users, models users' behavior as they interact with the recommended singles and continuously incorporates the learnings to improve subsequent suggestions. Founded in 2007 by Alex Mehr and Shayan Zadeh, Zoosk is a top online dating service available in more than 70 countries with headquarters in San Francisco. For more information, visit Zoosk.com.