Zoosk's Summer Travel Survey Finds That Couples Say "Vacation Sex" Is Better
SAN FRANCISCO, May 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- As many Americans start to make their summer vacation plans, Zoosk.com, the romantic social network, recently commissioned a survey of 1,529 Americans to gather their thoughts about travel and romance.
The findings include:
Sex is better on vacation.
- 69% of men and 72% of women ages 18-49 say sex on vacation is better than sex at home.
While vacations are supposed to be relaxing, travelling comes with its own set of worries.
Of Americans who say they have vacationed as a couple:
- 38% worry that they and their partner will get on each other's nerves.
- 34% worry about getting selected for "additional screening" by the TSA during the trip.
- 15% worry about having to share the bathroom with their partner during a vacation.
- 15% worry about running out of things to talk about with their significant other while on vacation.
Americans consider beach vacations to be the most romantic type of getaway.
When asked what type of vacation is the most romantic, a beach destination topped the list, but the other options were not far behind. It seems getting away is more important than where you go.
- 22% say a beach vacation
- 19% say a trip to a romantic city
- 15% say a cruise
- 15% say a trip to an exotic, far-flung locale
- 9% say a stay at a bed and breakfast
- 8% say a road trip
- 5% say a camping excursion
What do Americans find annoying while travelling?
- 86% of Americans find it annoying when the airline changes their seat assignment, separating them from their partner.
- 73% of women find their partner's snoring to be annoying.
- 59% of men find it annoying to be dragged along to shop during a vacation.
Travelling can broaden your horizons – and your pool of potential dates!
- 14% of singles say they have met a romantic interest while travelling.
Conducted by VeraQuest, Inc., the survey sampled 1,529 general population respondents online within the United States between May 1 and May 3, 2012. Respondents were randomly selected to be generally proportional of the demographic strata of total U.S. population. The estimated sampling error is +/- 2.5 percent at a 95 percent confidence level. These statements conform to the principles of disclosure of the National Council on Public Polls.
Zoosk is the romantic social network that helps members create and share their romantic journeys, with millions of members from around the globe enjoying the service each month. Zoosk provides members at different stages of their romantic journey with a fun and social set of tools such as Romantic Moments, Couple Profiles, and the Personals application. Members can easily access Zoosk's services from its website, its Facebook app, mobile devices, and a downloadable desktop application. Zoosk is available in 25 languages and has members in more than 70 countries. Founded in 2007 by Shayan Zadeh and Alex Mehr, Zoosk, Inc. is based in San Francisco and backed by Canaan Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, and ATA Ventures.