HENDERSON, Nev., Jan. 7 /PRNewswire/ -- Zyxio, the pioneer in next-generation Natural User Interface, announced today the top five winners of its Be A Mind Blower crowdsourcing competition. Winners submitted ideas for Zyxio's new breath-enabled technology sensawaft(TM), which allows people to control digital equipment simply by breathing.
The five winners elected by the public include:
- Chris Raynes, Lowell, Mass., for his idea to dramatically enhance game immersion for First Person Shooter video games
- Paul Jones, New York City, for applying the sensawaft(TM) technology to e-books, allowing users to flip and zoom pages touch-free
- MengSheng Chen, San Francisco, for his suggestion to give musicians and singers control over sounds and other effects hands-free while performing live
- Anthony Balzano, Glenview, Ill., for his vision to use sensawaft(TM) to better monitor meditation techniques with biofeedback
- Mike Murtha, Massapequa, N.Y., for his proposition to develop new digital brushes using sensawaft(TM) allowing artists to express themselves differently
The sensawaft(TM) technology is an intuitive natural solution that senses and analyzes when one intentionally breathes out to interact. This technology was developed based on human interactional behavior and utilizes the untapped potential of the kinetic energy of breath to control digital screens.
"We are excited about the range of ideas we received through the Be A Mind Blower competition," says Pierre Bonnat, co-founder, Zyxio. "We turned to the public to provide us with their insight on how this technology could be used and are thrilled with the results. Now we must work with the winners to develop applications with the end goal of integrating natural touchless technology into everyday life."
The five winners will sit on the company's "Mind Blowing Advisory Board" for a six month period to assist with the development of new products. They will also receive $6,000 and an all-expense paid three-day trip to Las Vegas.
Zyxio is a Human Media Interaction company that creates natural, intuitive interaction technology. Zyxio has developed in stealth mode a breakthrough technology called sensawaft(TM), patented worldwide (patents issued and pending). The sensawaft(TM) intelligent sensor (MEMS) turns gentle puffs into input signals sent to platforms like PC, game console and smartphone. More info at www.zyxio.com
Follow the "Be A Mind Blower" (BAMB) campaign at these social media sites: