ATEME Provides Technology to Expand Digital Television Coverage in Brazil Rede Record Goes Digital In Several Important Cities Using Kyrion Encoders
SAO PAULO, Aug. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ATEME, a global leader in advanced video compression solutions for the broadcast industry, today announced that Brazilian broadcaster, Rede Record, has used its encoders to expand the commercial deployment of digital television in multiple regions across Brazil, including Bauru and Sao Jose do Rio Preto in the state of Sao Paulo, Joao Pessoa in the state of Paraiba and Uberlandia in the state of Minas Gerais.
- Digital TV expansion: Rede Records selected the Kyrion AM2102 encoders to expand its free to air digital TV coverage across multiple regions.
- Kyrion meets the Brazilian standard: Since 2009, Rede Records has been utilizing ATEME's Kyrion encoders across Brazil to deploy digital terrestrial television in accordance with ISDB-T, the technical standard for digital television broadcast used in Brazil, across South America and in other parts of the world.
- Simplifying the head-end: Rede Record chose the Kyrion AM2102 for its versatility and simplicity. The equipment is capable of simultaneous high definition and standard definition transmission (one-seg for mobile reception) within the same chassis, by encoding from either the same or different video inputs.
- Industry First: The partnership between ATEME and Rede Record has resulted in significant workflow optimizations, such as the conversion of EIA708 closed caption subtitles to the ISDB-T standard within the Kyrion encoder, an industry first to simplify broadcast operations.
- Future-proof technology: ATEME's ongoing development of system codecs, and its ability to install updates remotely, ensures that its customers are investing in the next generation of encoder, without additional capital expense.
Marcio Pena, engineering manager, Rede Record said:
"A determining factor in choosing ATEME's Kyrion AM2102 as our compression platform was based on the equipment's capability to encode 16 audio channels in both high-efficiency and low-complexity AAC while meeting ISDB-T standards. More importantly, ATEME builds future-proof equipment by providing ongoing updates, providing us with measurable ROI and lower capital expenses."
ATEME is a world leading provider of HEVC / H.265, MPEG-4 / H.264 and MPEG-2 bandwidth efficient compression technology. ATEME encoding solutions are deployed widely for broadcast contribution links, distribution, multi-screen live streaming, OTT and VOD applications. More information is available at www.ateme.com.