NEWTON, Mass., Oct. 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Attivio, creator of the award-winning Active Intelligence Engine® (AIE®) has secured $34 million in growth capital. The round is led by new funding from Oak Investment Partners and renewed commitment from initial investors, Per-Olof Soderberg and Tenth Avenue Holdings. Attivio will use the infusion of growth capital to expand its sales and marketing efforts, bring AIE to new global markets, more deeply penetrate core vertical segments and accelerate product research and development. Additionally, Oak general partner Ifty Ahmed has joined Attivio's board of directors.
"Attivio is the only company answering both the 'what' and 'why' big data and analytics questions that swirl unanswered in board rooms, war rooms, data centers, support centers and cubicles around the world," said Ifty Ahmed, general partner at Oak Investment Partners. "We believe Attivio's approach to unified information access and its patented technology differentiators and superior security capabilities deliver previously unimaginable insight and performance. This information is key to unlocking answers for the financial, life sciences, government, manufacturing, retail and e-business markets."
Founded in 2007, Attivio quickly advanced from a privately backed start-up to a thriving business, driving more than 100 percent revenue growth each year. Over the last five years the company:
- Developed and launched AIE, the first unified information access (UIA) platform for integrating, correlating and analyzing structured, unstructured and semi-structured information
- Won business with several of the world's largest financial institutions as well as customers faced with information management challenges across life sciences, government, military, law enforcement, telecommunications and e-business
- Received a patent for its unique method of joining multiple content and data sources so companies can develop new analysis methods that span information silos, and gain insight that would be missed by legacy systems
- Attracted more than a dozen awards and accolades from leading authorities, such as Gartner's Cool Vendors in BI and Performance Management; IDC's Innovative Information Access Companies to Watch; Information Management's 40 Companies to Watch; the eContent Magazine 100; and KMWorld's Promise Award, followed in 2011 with induction into the publication's Hall of Fame
- Built a robust partner ecosystem that includes technology leaders such as Cloudera, Informatica, IntraLinks, Tableau, TIBCO Spotfire, QlikView and Verdasys
"Attivio is in business to solve complex problems that were previously unsolvable. We crave these types of challenges and look for them in our customers," said Ali Riaz, CEO of Attivio. "After five years of building a powerful technology foundation, world-class team and extensive partner network, we are poised to take our momentum to even greater levels. This new round of financing supports our continued growth and broadens the network that helps bring our disruptive, game-changing technology to the global marketplace."
The Raine Group served as Attivio's advisor during the financing process.
Attivio's Active Intelligence Engine® (AIE®) redefines the business impact of our customers' information assets, so they can quickly seize opportunities, solve critical challenges and fulfill their strategic vision.
Attivio integrates and correlates disparate silos of structured data and unstructured content in ways never before possible. Offering both intuitive search capabilities and the power of SQL, AIE seamlessly integrates with existing BI and big data tools to reveal insight that matters, through the access method that best suits each user's technical skills and priorities. Please visit us at www.attivio.com.
Attivio and Active Intelligence Engine are trademarks of Attivio, Inc. All other names are trademarks of their respective companies.
About Oak Investment Partners
Oak Investment Partners is a multi-stage venture capital firm and a lead investor in the next generation of enduring growth companies. Since 1978, the firm has invested $9 billion in nearly 500 companies around the world, earning the trust of entrepreneurs with a senior team that delivers steady guidance, deep domain expertise and a consistent investment philosophy. The firm's five major growth sectors of focus are information technology, internet and consumer, financial services technology, healthcare services and clean energy. For more information, visit www.oakvc.com.
Media Contact for Attivio: