Big Fish Studios "Fetch" Now Available Exclusively on iPad
Just in Time for National Puppy Day, March 23rd, Fetch Pays Homage to Dog Lovers Around the World
SEATTLE, March 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- "Fetch", a one-of-a-kind adventure game from Big Fish's internal Studios team is now available exclusively on the App Store for iPad. Built from the ground up for iPad, "Fetch" delivers the visual style of an animated movie and gameplay that's reminiscent of classic adventure titles.
The game takes players on a fantastic journey with Milo, a young boy whose pet dog Bear was snatched up by a mysterious fire hydrant right in front of his eyes. Following Bear, Milo discovers an animated world full of giant alligators, musical mice, pirates, robots and arcade cabinets that pay homage to classic games of the past. "Fetch" combines the best of adventure games with the excitement of arcade games, creating a game that appeals to both young and old; casual and core gamers.
In the world of "Fetch", everything is interactive – meaning nearly everything you touch generates a response – whether it's popping bubble wrap, illuminating a billboard or making a bird fly; even the cut scenes are interactive. The game was inspired by the team's love for their pets and the main canine character was named after "Fetch" co-creator and Game Designer Chris Campbell's own dog, Bear.
"'Fetch' is a unique game that tugs at the heart strings of pet lovers and gives people of all ages a sense of passion and determination when they play – everyone just wants to help Milo find Bear!" said Campbell. "With Fetch we balanced the adventuring with mini-arcade games that will push competitive players to battle for top scores and earn prizes that move them forward in the adventure."
Brian Thompson, co-creator and Art Director of "Fetch" added, "We wrapped all of this in a beautiful, graphic art style that feels both nostalgic and modern. And to support the player's feelings of loss, hope and ultimately joy, we created a world with a feature film-like quality that is so immersive, people won't want to stop playing until the final credits roll."
"Fetch" Features include:
- Arcade-style games, in which the players blow up pirate ships, shoot skulls with a laser-breathing snake; destroy evil dust bunnies in the biggest computer in the world and more. Once a player unlocks a mini-arcade game, they can replay it anytime to maximize their score and compete for the top spot on the Game Center Leaderboard.
- Explore a museum level that mimics the "Fetch" exhibit at MOHAI in Seattle – the first museum exhibit to take visitors step-by-step through the development process of a video game.
- Play through multiple interactive game zones with 50 achievements and 42 collectible dog tags. Play through the streets, the sewers, a park and a museum. Discover a prehistoric ocean, pilot a rocketship and build a robot to complete the game.
- Original sound effects and musical score were custom made for "Fetch" by Clean Cuts Sound Studios to give a sonic identity to the game.
- Available in 11 languages: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Dutch, Portuguese, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Korean, and Russian.
Pricing and Availability:
The Fetch App is available for $4.99 from the App Store on iPad or at www.AppStore.com.
About Big Fish
Founded in 2002, Big Fish Games is the world's largest producer of casual games; dedicated to bringing engaging entertainment to everyone, anywhere, on any device. Through its proprietary, data-driven platform, millions of consumers seeking engaging entertainment easily discover and play PC and mobile games created by Big Fish's network of more than 600 development partners and its in-house Big Fish Games. The company has distributed more than 2 billion games from a growing catalog of 3,000+ unique PC games and 300+ unique mobile games, and offers cross-platform streaming games via the proprietary universal cloud gaming service, Big Fish Unlimited. Big Fish's games are played in more than 150 countries on a wide variety of devices across 13 languages. The company is headquartered in Seattle, WA, with regional offices in Oakland, CA; Cork, Ireland; Vancouver, Canada; and Luxembourg. For more information visit http://www.bigfishgames.com.
SOURCE Big Fish
More by this Source
"Rollin' Rich" Slots Cruises onto "Big Fish Casino"
Dec 06, 2013, 09:04 ET
"Zombie!, Zombie!, Zombie!," - a New Free-to-Play iPad Game Now Available by Big Fish
Oct 24, 2013, 09:14 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.