BRECKENRIDGE, Colo., Dec. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Breckenridge community will celebrate Ullr Fest's 50th anniversary Jan. 6-12, 2013 with a week-long party paying homage to Ullr (pronounced Ooo-ler), the Norse god of snow. In honor of the golden anniversary, event organizers released a new offer that lets travelers ride in the parade, the centerpiece of this Colorado festival. Additional activities include Ullympic competitions, town bonfire, a new family night and more. Visit UllrFest.com or RSVP on Facebook for event updates.
- Sunday, Jan. 6 – Crowning of the Ullr King and Queen: Toast to 50 years of fun with free beer and live music by The Luv Brothers. New location for 2013 – Breckenridge Riverwalk Center, 150 W. Adams Ave. FREE
- Monday, Jan. 7 – Family Night (new): Bring the kids for Nordic skiing, snowshoeing, ice skating, indoor activities and a family-friendly bonfire at the Gold Run Nordic Center on Tiger Road. FREE
- Tuesday, Jan. 8 – Ullympics: Partake in wild events such as the frying pan toss, group ski racing and ski boot relay. FREE
- Wednesday, Jan. 9 – Ullr Dating Game: Join local radio station KSMT and all the singles in town for Breckenridge's 21+ version of the Dating Game. To apply to be a bachelor/bachelorette, call KSMT at 970-453-2234 ext. 20. FREE
- Thursday, Jan. 10 – Ullr Fest parade and town bonfire: The centerpiece of the week, the Ullr Fest parade showcases Breckenridge's style of wild winter fun – past floats have included dogsled teams, hot tubs, a ski jump and more. A town bonfire and fireworks follow the parade. FREE
- Friday, Jan. 11 – Comedy night: Comedy Works comics descend on Breckenridge for a night of big laughs.
- Saturday, Jan. 12 – Chilly Chili Cookoff & Ullr Fashion Show: Chili experts showcase their best at the Riverwalk Center, 150 W. Adams Ave., in a grand tasting event. Later that evening, a Viking-themed costume contest hits the Park Avenue Pub.
New "Channel Your Inner Ullr" Lodging Package
A spot on an Ullr parade float, five nights of lodging, a dogsled trip, two-day lift tickets, Chilly Chili Cookoff tickets and Ullr helmets included, starting at $125 per person, per night. Limited parade spots available. Visit GoBreck.com or call 800-Go-Breck (800-462-7325) to book.
Ullr Fest history: Locals started the tradition in 1963 to thank Ullr for Breckenridge's average of 300 inches of snow each winter. Today, all are invited to join the week-long snow dance and pay homage to Ullr at this wild Colorado festival.