BALTIMORE , Dec. 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Total Child Health, the creator of CHADIS, has joined the Allscripts Developer Program and is now offering a certified solution for Allscripts TouchWorks® EHR that utilizes Allscripts Open APIs. The integration of CHADIS with TouchWorks allows access to all of the screening tools delivered by CHADIS including the major validated development and autism screening tools (e.g. ASQ-3, M-CHAT-R), Early Childhood Screening Assessment and others that collect information on nutrition, sleep, feeding, toileting, exercise, safety, and EPSDT health risks.
- Provides Enhanced Patient Care by enabling families to share concerns and goals before the visit
- Fulfills American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommendations and Bright Futures guidelines for routine care
- Uses evidence-based tools to accurately identify problems
- Improves Office Workflow with Pre-visit data collection allowing the clinician to focus on addressing patient concerns and visit agenda
- May increase Practice Income with developmental and health screening tools eligible for 96110 and 99420 billing to insurance or Medicaid as well as providing documentation for higher-level codes
- Part 4 Maintenance of Certification Assistance
"With CHADIS, users can seamlessly integrate delivery and assessment of validated preventive care and disease-specific screening tools into their daily workflow. Providers can take advantage of automated ordering of age-specific screening questionnaires for upcoming routine well visits in addition to ordering questionnaires manually from within TouchWorks. Since results are passed as discrete data, they can be cited into an encounter note and be captured and tracked within customized flowsheets,"said Dr. Everett Weiss, Sr. Clinical Content Director, Allscripts. "Allscripts certification of CHADIS showcases our commitment to Pediatric providers and our ability to extend Allscripts TouchWorks EHR core functionality with complementing solutions using Allscripts Open platform."
"CHADIS has been live in our Touchworks EHR at ABQ Health Partners for two years, and we applaud their efforts to overcome an Achilles heel of EHRs: data entry. CHADIS forms help our parents enter information ahead of the visit and help our staff or provider spend less time on data entry.
We look forward to Allscripts integration of CHADIS, because greater software collaboration can reduce further the form selection, communication, timing and scoring barriers to efficient and effective pediatric care."
-Robert White, MD MPH, ABQ Health Partners
SOURCE Total Child Health