Chef Michael's® Teams Up with Chef Rocco DiSpirito to Set World Record for Largest Dog-Friendly Communal Dining Event
Event Celebrates Owners and Their Dogs Using Mealtime as Quality Bonding Time
ST. LOUIS, July 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Chef Michael's® food for dogs recently partnered with renowned Chef Rocco DiSpirito to establish the world record for the Largest Dog-Friendly Communal Dining event. The record was set on June 29 at the second annual PetFest in New York, where Chef Michael's hosted an incredible 224 people, who were joined by 120 dogs to enjoy mealtime together. The record was officiated by yellow jacket officials from RecordSetter.com, a Las Vegas based world record organization.
As a brand that knows as much about food as they do about dogs, Chef Michael's stays at the forefront of culinary trends. According to Chef Rocco DiSpirito, communal dining is a hot trend that joins everyone together – family, neighbors, colleagues and even new, like-minded friends. And, it shouldn't be just for people! Chef Michael's sees communal dining as a perfect chance to spend quality time with your dog.
"I partnered with Chef Michael's to help set this extraordinary record, because as a dog lover and owner I believe we should treat our beloved pets as special as they treat us," says DiSpirito.
The record for the World's Largest Dog-Friendly Communal Dining event comes on the heels of the nationwide Chef Michael's Food Truck for Dogs tour that has been serving up samples to dogs at events across the country. The tour was developed in 2012 when Chef Michael's noticed that dogs were underserved at the curb and felt that four-legged friends deserved their own unique food truck experience. This year, Chef Michael's paired the food truck craze with another culinary trend – communal dining. Special events along the Chef Michael's Food Truck for Dogs tour have hosted events where visitors and their dogs were able to pull up a chair and make new friends through the tour's communal dining experience.
"We're thrilled to partner with Chef Rocco DiSpirito to establish a world record that brings dedicated dog owners and their dogs closer together," said Chef Michael's brand representative Sarah BonDurant. "We understand that mealtime is more than just a time of day – it's a moment worth sharing. That's what it's all about!"
In addition to the new record for the World's Largest Dog-Friendly Communal Dining event, the brand partnered with RecordSetter.com to establish an additional world record for the Longest Line of Dogs at a Food Truck.
About Chef Michael's
Chef Michael's believes that what your dog eats should be just as remarkable as who your dog is. That's why we work with animal cognition experts, nutritionists, dog behaviorists and, of course, chefs, to understand everything we can about dogs and food. Chef Michael's strives to take your dog on a culinary adventure every single day.
Chef Michael's Dry Dog Food
- Dry Dinners are 100 percent complete and balanced nutrition for adult dogs and contain 23 essential vitamins and minerals with real chicken or beef as the No. 1 ingredient and no added artificial preservatives.
- Available in two well-rounded varieties:
- Oven Roasted Chicken Flavor and pea & carrot garnishes
- Grilled Sirloin Steak Flavor and potato & green bean garnishes
Chef Michael's Wet Dog Food
- Chef Michael's Carvery Creations™ celebrates everything you and your dog love about real meat: the cut, quality, cooking method and special touches. Each chef-inspired flavor includes real beef or chicken in tender, pull-apart shreds, marinated in a savory sauce. Available in three delicious flavors:
- Beef Short Rib Flavor in a savory sauce
- Stewed Chicken Flavor in a savory sauce
- Braised Brisket Flavor in a savory sauce
- Chef Michael's In Sauce varieties are filled with tender, meaty pieces and thoughtful touches of real vegetable garnishes. Available in three flavors:
- Beef Tenderloin Flavor and carrot & barley garnishes
- Sirloin Steak Flavor and pea & rice garnishes
- Rotisserie Chicken Flavor and carrot & corn garnishes
Visit www.chef-michaels.com for additional product information.
About Nestle Purina PetCare
Nestle Purina PetCare promotes responsible pet care, humane education, community involvement and the positive bond between people and their pets. The North American headquarters for Nestle Purina PetCare is located at Checkerboard Square in St. Louis, Missouri. Nestle Purina PetCare is part of Swiss-based Nestle S.A. -- the world's largest food company. For more, visit www.purina.com.
Built on a philosophy that everyone can be world's best at something, RecordSetter is the new home of world records. The site allows users worldwide to invent world records, document them on video, and post them online for others to look at or challenge. Over 30,000 people in more than 70 countries have set RecordSetter World Records, including the likes of Jimmy Fallon, Justin Bieber, Cameron Diaz and Drew Barrymore.
SOURCE Chef Michael's
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.