Fingerprint Launches New Multiplayer Mobile Gaming Platform with Safe Social Features Designed Just for Kids New Features Encourage Collaborative Learning and Provide First Social Experience via Flagship Launch App, The Flying Alphabetinis, and Upcoming Apps Based on Popular Kid's Properties Franklin & Friends, VeggieTales, Caillou, Minuscule and More
SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Fingerprint Digital today unveiled new multiplayer gaming with kid-appropriate social features, creating an entirely new experience for kids, ages 3-12, on its mobile game network, Fingerprint. Also available today, Fingerprint's own The Flying Alphabetinis is the first app to take full advantage of the new multiplayer, safe-social features. Plus, Fingerprint will soon unveil five new apps, including titles based on popular children's properties – Franklin & Friends, VeggieTales®, Caillou, and Minuscule – as well as an all-new title from award-winning educational game developer Digital Learning Company.
"With so much mobile content available today, we recognized the need to create a go-to game play platform that parents trust and kids love," said Nancy MacIntyre, CEO and co-founder of Fingerprint. "And today, we've enhanced the entire experience by adding multiplayer and safe social features tailored specifically for our young audience so that kids can connect, collaborate or compete."
The new Fingerprint platform connects each child to his/her games, friends, messages and digital rewards. Key features include:
- Multiplayer Gaming: With a unique player invitation experience designed specifically for children, kids can challenge each other, while parents rest easy knowing Fingerprint is a completely safe social gaming experience. In multiplayer mode, there is always something fun to play, something new to learn and someone to play with.
- Safe Social: Kids can send each other fun and encouraging messages via whimsical emoticons and stock messages, providing a positive first social experience. Parents can join the fun too.
- Shared Family Account: Fingerprint offers a shared family account, making it easy for multiple kids and parents to share a device, track game play and learning milestones, and choose new apps to add to the family's library.
Fingerprint apps inspire a love of learning and a passion for play around a broad range of topics from reading to math, money to manners, and science to music. With the debut of the new platform, the company will launch more than 40 new titles in 2013, including the following apps available in Q1:
- The Flying Alphabetinis (ages 6+; available now): Fingerprint's first in-house, multiplayer game is a carnival of fun and tomfoolery starring the 26 letters of the alphabet in a circus-themed word scramble. Two players square off to make as many words as possible.
- Scribble My VeggieTales® Story (ages 3-8): Make custom VeggieTales® stories based on top-selling DVD lessons such as friendship, sharing, helping and forgiveness. The app features six all-new book starters and coloring pages, including content based on the new VeggieTales' DVD launching March 5, The Little House That Stood.
- Step-by-Story: Caillou Adventures (ages 3-6): Based on the long-standing PBS Kids TV show, this Step-by-Story Adventure includes three new apps: Caillou's Window, Caillou's Barnyard Sounds and Caillou's Imagination Camping. Children learn early reading skills while creating stories about Caillou's world.
- Franklin Talk and Playset (ages 3-6): Build puzzles, play games, earn rewards, unlock the Franklin Toy and actually talk to Franklin! This new app is based on the popular Franklin property franchise from Corus Entertainment's Kids Can Press and Nelvana Studio.
- Minuscule: The Private Life of Insects (age 6+): Based on the TV animated series from French producer Futurikon, and created by Happy Blue Fish and Fingerprint, Minuscule is a bug-sized adventure, blending a National Geographic documentary with a Tex Avery cartoon, where ladybugs can't stop teasing flies.
- Kids Learn Mandarin (ages 3-8): Based on the award-winning series from Digital Learning Company, Kids Learn Mandarin teaches kids to speak, read and write in Mandarin Chinese using 200 engaging games and activities that teach the Chinese characters (sight and writing), as well as pronunciation of more than 250 words.
Most Fingerprint apps are free with in-app upgrades or additional content packs available for $.99 – $2.99. Fingerprint is currently available on iOS platforms (iPhone, iPod touch and iPad) and will expand to Android devices in early 2013. Beginning this spring, Fingerprint's current library of 21 apps will be upgraded to take full advantage of the new multiplayer and safe social features.
About Fingerprint Digital
Based in San Francisco, Fingerprint Digital is a mobile entertainment company for kids and the creator of Fingerprint, the first kids' learning and entertainment platform, providing sharing and engagement opportunities between kids and parents across mobile devices and the web. Its network of quality, Mom-Comm enabled edutainment apps is made up of first-party apps, as well as apps "fingerprinted" by third-party developers. Fingerprint funding is led by Corus Entertainment, a leading interactive media and entertainment company, along with K2MediaLabs, Reed Elsevier, and Suffolk Holdings. For more information, visit www.fingerprintplay.com or www.facebook.com/fingerprintplay.
The Flying Alphabetinis - App Store
SOURCE Fingerprint Digital