Get the Resources You Need to Find a Job
Finding a job is hard, but there are resources to help
WASHINGTON, July 17, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Looking for a job takes time, dedication, and hard work, but you can ease the process by getting organized and finding the right help.
CareerOneStop is a website created by the Department of Labor to help you prepare for your job search, access job searching tools, and find local career centers where you can get personalized help on everything from writing resumes to interviewing for a job.
CareerOneStop can help you:
- Explore careers. Learn more about yourself through self-assessment tests and browse different types of occupations.
- Determine wages and salaries. Compare wages and salaries for specific positions, use cost-of-living calculators and find the highest paying jobs by location.
- Create a resume. Get assistance in creating one of the most important documents you will need for your job search: a resume. Find tips on how to improve your resume, sample resumes, and information on how to write a cover letter.
- Look for jobs. Use CareerOneStop's tool to find jobs across the country. You will learn who's hiring, and where and when the job was posted. USAJOBS is also a good tool to find jobs with the federal government, but keep in mind that many of these jobs require applicants to be U.S. citizens and speak English.
- Prepare for a job interview. Get tips with how to get and prepare for job interviews, including setting one up, finding people and making contacts.
Training and Development
Besides helping you prepare for your job search, CareerOneStop also has information to help you get the education and training you need, and find ways to pay for it:
- Short-term training designed to further your skills for specific professions.
- Technical certifications on a wide range of jobs including medical assistants, automotive technicians, electricians, etc.
- Financial aid and scholarships to help you finance loans and grants if you choose to pursue higher education.
More by this Source
How to prepare holiday meals safely
Dec 17, 2013, 08:01 ET
Cómo preparar comidas saludables para las fiestas
Dec 17, 2013, 08:01 ET
Recomendaciones para comprar juguetes seguros
Dec 02, 2013, 08:01 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.