SKOKIE, Ill., Sept. 13 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Peapod, the leading online grocer announced the availability of PeapodMobile, a mobile application which allows customers to grocery shop conveniently from the palm of their hands.
"Our customers are active consumers with busy lifestyles who look for ways to save time. Imagine grocery shopping while riding the subway to work, or adding milk to your grocery list from the soccer field," said Thomas Parkinson, Chief Technology Officer for Peapod. "In a recent Peapod survey we learned that more than 63 percent of respondents sometimes or frequently forget to buy something they really need while grocery shopping. With PeapodMobile customers can minimize that risk by adding items to their cart whenever and wherever they think of them."
The free app, which is available for iPhone/iPod touch, Android, and Palm Pre users, contains Peapod's most convenient shopping features along with some features exclusively available to mobile users:
- Search – type in search words or enter a UPC to find exactly what you need.
- Weekly Specials – save money with the thousands of items on sale each week.
- My Lists and Previous Purchases – easily shop from the items you've bought before.
- My Specials – choose from a list of your past purchases on sale this week.
- Guess My Order - a speedy way to shop that adds the items you frequently buy with a single touch.
"Our customers can start an order, modify an order, finish and place an order --- they can do it all on PeapodMobile. And, one touch lets them review the nutrition facts & ingredient list for the products we carry so they can make the healthiest choices," added Parkinson.
The PeapodMobile App is available for free from:
- The App Store on iPhone and iPod touch or at http://www.itunes.com/appstore.
- The Android Market or at http://www.android.com/market
- You can also find Peapod's mobile website by typing in peapod.com on your mobile phone. Customers can bookmark the site for easy access in the future.
More information about PeapodMobile can be found at http://peapod.com/mobile.
Founded in 1989 as a smart shopping option for busy people, Peapod today stands as the country's leading Internet grocer, serving 23 U.S. markets in communities in the states of Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Maryland, District of Columbia, Virginia, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, New York and New Jersey. The Skokie, Ill.-based company, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Royal Ahold in The Netherlands, has made over 16 million deliveries since its late 1980s inception. For more information on Peapod, call 1.800.5.PEAPOD (573.2763); e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.peapod.com.