LAS VEGAS, Sept. 9, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The world's hottest Latin artists and entertainers will soon be arriving in Las Vegas to celebrate Mexican Independence Day. Each year, thousands of visitors make their way to Las Vegas to enjoy its internationally famous entertainment and to take part in the cultural festivities surrounding the month-long celebration.
A line up of A-list talent will perform at the Strip's world-class resorts all month, including:
- Famous Mexican recording artist and actor Pedro Fernandez will perform in concert at The Cosmopolitan's Boulevard Pool, Friday, Sept. 16.
- Latin music superstar Luis Miguel will perform at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace, Sept. 15-18 at 9 p.m. The four-night engagement is presented jointly by AEG Live and Caesars Palace.
- At Mandalay Bay Events Center, international Latin superstars Marco Antonio Solis and Ana Gabriel will bring their legendary talent to the resort Friday, Sept. 16 at 9 p.m.
- Leading Latin pop star Alejandro Fernandez will bring his DOS MUNDOS tour to MGM Grand Garden Arena for a Mexican Independence Day celebration Thursday, Sept. 15 at 8:30 p.m.
- MARIACHI USA, one of the most popular mariachi reviews in the U.S., will bring its fast paced, cutting edge show to the newly transformed Tropicana Las Vegas. The show mixes traditional mariachi tunes with a sprinkle of Cuban and Central American influence in a 90-minute performance. The show will take place at Nikki Beach Club starting at 8 p.m. on Saturday, September 17.
The celebration doesn't end there! One of boxing's biggest stars, undefeated Floyd "Money" Mayweather, and its newest star, WBC Welterweight World Champion "Vicious" Victor Ortiz, will align their super powers when they meet in "STAR POWER: Mayweather vs. Ortiz." The mega-fight, which will be contested for Ortiz's WBC Welterweight World Championship, will take place Saturday, Sept. 17 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena and will be produced and distributed live by HBO.
"Mexican Independence Day gives Las Vegas and its visitors the opportunity to honor and celebrate Mexican heritage in a vibrant and exciting way," says Cathy Tull, senior vice president of marketing for the Las Vegas Convention and Visitor Authority. "The countless events and concerts being hosted throughout the week proves Las Vegas is the premiere destination to celebrate this special occasion."
In addition to entertainment, Las Vegas has truly redefined the culinary experience by offering world-class restaurants, more Master Sommeliers than any other city in the world, and the most comprehensive collection of celebrity chefs. As the dining and nightclub scenes evolve in Las Vegas, new restaurants continue to open nearly every month, providing unique experiences for repeat visitors, including many dedicated to Latin culinary arts:
- One of the most popular of these new restaurants is Diego at MGM Grand. The restaurant turns into a high energy club later in the evening with Vida!, a Latin flavored dance party combining the best in Latin music and modern flair featuring top Latin DJs spinning the latest in Reggaeton, Spanish pop and rock beats.
- Fiery Brazilian SUSHISAMBA at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino offers diners a unique tasting experience into Latin cuisine.
- Trattoria del Lupo at Mandalay Bay features well-known celebrity chef, Guatemalan native Eduardo Perez, who worked his way up within the renowned Wolfgang Puck Fine Dining Group family, and now serves as the executive chef.
- Tacos & Tequila at the Luxor is home to Executive Chef Saul Ortiz, originally from Mexico City. T&T features a weekly Mariachi Sunday Brunch with a live mariachi band with fabulous, authentic Mexican food from Chef Ortiz.
For even more reasons to get to Vegas right now, go to www.VisitLasVegas.com.
About the LVCVA
Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA) is charged with marketing Southern Nevada as a tourism and convention destination worldwide, and also with operating the Las Vegas Convention Center and Cashman Center. With approximately 148,000 hotel rooms in Las Vegas alone and more than 10-million-square-feet of meeting and exhibit space citywide, the LVCVA mission centers on attracting ever increasing numbers of leisure and business visitors to the area.
SOURCE Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority