SAN DIEGO, May 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- LG Mobile today announced the launch of the much-anticipated "Life's Good Fairytales" app, a customizable storybook that allows parents and children to bond over the creation and sharing of unique fairytales via their Android smartphone. Just in time for Mother's Day, parents can now download the app and begin customizing each preloaded story by uploading photos, names, words and voices of their children directly into their handset device and bring bedtime stories to life like never before.
There are several ways consumers can access the Life's Good Fairytales app. LG Viper 4G LTE owners can download the app for free from Google Play or by visiting www.LG.com/Viper. Other Android smartphone owners can also access the app for free through LG Mobile's "Tweet for an App" program. They simply need to visit www.LG.com/Viper and click on the "Tweet to Get the App" button and unlock the full app for your device. The "Tweet for an App" program begins today and runs through May 18. After May 18, all LG smartphone and Android device owners can download the app for free from Google Play.
"Family time is extremely important but busy schedules and constant email accessibility can often let today's technology get in the way of those quality moments. In fact, we recently commissioned an LG study with a national Harris Poll that showed parents are either distracted by their mobile devices or using them as a crutch when it comes to keeping their children entertained," said Tim O'Brien, vice president of marketing for LG Mobile. "We designed the Life's Good Fairytales app to help parents interact with their children in a fun, educational and positive way. We hope this app will be a tool to unlock imaginations and ignite lasting memories."
The Life's Good Fairytales app includes six colorful, humorous rhyming stories that children and parents can enjoy:
- Harry Isn't Scary: Harry the young monster longs to be as spooky as his mom and dad, but no matter how hard he tries he just can't get any screams. Children and parents help Harry with a fun and frightening makeover to help him reach his goal
- The Pretty Ugly Witch: Children can help a sad, lonely witch see her true beauty in this positive tale
- Princess Bea: Princess Bea is feeling down about not finding her prince charming, but thanks to her friend the elf (played by the parent), Princess Bea learns a valuable lesson about love
- Baaaaaaar-B-Que: A pirate's life on the high seas might seem glamorous, but one pirate has higher aspirations. Children help one pirate chase his true dreams in this story
- Robot Wars: Oh no! We're being invaded by a robot army! Parents prepare their robot army for a takeover but one smart little robot, played by the child, reveals one tiny problem in the invasion plans
- Mac the Monkey: The child uses the phone's camera to prove to his or her parents that a mischievous monkey is causing trouble
Using the LG Viper 4G LTE's front and rear-facing cameras, users can take pictures of themselves and upload them directly into the story characters' faces. Parents and children will also be asked to record voices and sounds and type in words and phrases using the virtual QWERTY keyboard to complete each story. Upon completion, the stories playback on the 4-inch bright and clear screen and can be shared instantly with friends and family.
Harris Poll Survey Shows Parents' Smartphone Habits
Smartphone use is at an all-time high but new LG research has revealed that some adults have formed questionable mobile phone habits, especially busy parents. Working with Harris Interactive, LG Mobile commissioned an online survey of 2,222 U.S. adults (ages 18 and older) who have children ages 3 through 12 and own a smartphone. The survey uncovered surprising statistics about parenting and smartphone use:
- Smartphones are an integral part of parents' lives—and more than half (57 percent) of all parents surveyed rely on their smartphones to keep them on track. More than two-thirds of these parents who are employed agree having a smartphone enables them to have a better work/life balance.
- Smartphones allow parents to stay in touch, but maybe a little too much. 62 percent of parents with smartphones indicate they check or use their smartphone during family time.
- Smartphones keep the family connected, but they also keep the family distracted. Almost two-thirds (63 percent) of parents with smartphones surveyed give their smartphone to their children to entertain them.
- Parents also are using smartphones to bond with their children. Nearly one-third (27 percent) of parents from the survey indicate they have read a book to their children from a smartphone.
The Life's Good Fairytales app is available now for free in Google Play for LG Viper 4G LTE owners and for other Android smartphone owners by visiting www.LG.com/Viper and tweeting through LG Mobile's "Tweet for an App" program.
LG Viper 4G LTE is available in Sprint sales channels including Sprint stores, Sprint.com, Best Buy and RadioShack online and retail stores for $99.99 with a new two-year Sprint service agreement and $50 Sprint sponsored mail-in rebate via reward card(1) (excludes taxes and surcharges). LG Viper is available now for pre-order via Sprint.com.
Sprint 4G LTE is expected in select markets in mid-year 2012. For the most up-to-date details on Sprint's 4G LTE rollout, please visit www.sprint.com/4GLTE.
About LG Electronics, Inc.
LG Electronics, Inc. (KSE: 066570.KS) is a global leader and technology innovator in consumer electronics, mobile communications and home appliances. With 117 operations around the world, LG achieved global sales of USD 49 billion (KRW 54.26 trillion) in 2011. LG is comprised of four business units – Home Entertainment, Mobile Communications, Home Appliance, and Air Conditioning & Energy Solutions – and is one of the world's leading producers of flat panel TVs, mobile devices, air conditioners, washing machines and refrigerators. For more news and information on LG Electronics, please visit www.LGnewsroom.com.
About LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company
The LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company is a global leader and innovator in mobile communications. With its breakthrough technologies and innovative designs, LG continues to establish a number of benchmarks in the smartphone market, while also helping create a better lifestyle for consumers by delivering a wholly enhanced smartphone experience. As a leader in 4G Long Term Evolution (LTE) technology, LG continues its commitment to developing groundbreaking LTE technologies and fulfilling consumer demands with differentiated LTE devices of the highest quality, all of which are based on the company's wealth of LTE patents and technical knowledge. For more information, please visit www.lg.com.
This survey was conducted online within the United States by Harris Interactive on behalf of LG Mobile from March 29–April 2, 2012 among 2,222 adults ages 18 and older who have a child ages 3 through 12 and own a smartphone. This online survey is not based on a probability sample and therefore no estimate of theoretical sampling error can be calculated. For complete survey methodology, including weighting variables, please contact Conor Campbell at email@example.com.
(1)The American Express Prepaid Reward Card ("Card") provided in connection with this Rebate offer is a prepaid Card that is usable at U.S. merchants that accept American Express Card. Some limitations apply. The Card is not redeemable for cash (except where required by law) and does not provide ATM access. Use of Card constitutes acknowledgement that it is given as a reward and no consideration, value, or money has been paid by the holder to American Express in exchange for this Card. USE OF CARD IS SUBJECT TO THE CARDHOLDER AGREEMENT. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAW, A $3.00 MONTHLY FEE WILL BE ASSESED AGAINST CARD BALANCE, STARTING SIX MONTHS AFTER CARD ISSUANCE, UNLESS FUNDS ARE EARLIER DEPLETED. For BALANCE, customer service and Cardholder Agreement, visit americanexpress.com/sprint or call 866-608-3756. Card issued by American Express Prepaid Card Management Corporation.
SOURCE LG Mobile