ENCINO, Calif., Dec. 15, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Phorus, a subsidiary of DTS, Inc., has announced that its next-generation Phorus PS5 Speaker with DTS Play-Fi technology is now available online at Phorus, Amazon, and Crutchfield for $229. The PS5 Speaker features a new, elegant design and renowned DTS sound, in addition to best-in-class wireless capabilities for seamlessly streaming music from every mobile device and PC in your home. In addition to the breakthrough DTS Play-Fi whole-home connectivity features, the PS5 Speaker is the only speaker in its class that includes both Dual Band Wi-Fi streaming and premium Bluetooth options in one affordable, great-sounding, wireless audio speaker.
Innovative features of the Phorus PS5 Speaker include:
- Wireless Audio for Every Device – DTS Play-Fi, premium Bluetooth® with AptX and AAC, and support for AirPlay® streams are all integrated into the PS5 Speaker. Stream pure, lossless audio over your home Wi-Fi network from iOS®, AndroidTM, Kindle FireTM, and Windows PCs with the Phorus Play-Fi Apps, or from OSX®, iTunes® and iOS using AirPlay. Other devices can connect using Bluetooth, with upgraded AptX and AAC audio quality.
- New Play-Fi Whole-Home Features – In addition to Play-Fi's simple setup, and perfect multi-room synchronization, the PS5 Speaker offers advanced options like multi-zone streaming, where you can send different songs to different rooms at a touch, and left/right stereo pairing, for enjoying PS5 Speakers in a stereo configuration.
- Best-in-Class Wi-Fi – Wi-Fi streaming is handled by the latest 802.11a/b/g/n radio, which supports both 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequency bands. This avoids interference in high-traffic networks, providing listeners with pristine, uninterrupted audio enjoyment.
- Premium DTS Sound – Renowned DTS post-processing restores music's rich details, enhances bass and gets maximum volume. In addition, an advanced dual-core DSP and Class-D digital amplifiers dynamically deliver incredible sound quality at every level.
- High-Resolution Audio Support – The Phorus Play-Fi App now supports streaming files with resolutions of up to 24bit/192 kHz, either directly from your mobile device or from a connected DLNA server.
- Ever-Expanding Music Choices – Built-in global music options with the Phorus Play-Fi app include Pandora, Songza, SiriusXM, Deezer, KKBox and QQMusic, as well as thousands of AM/FM/Internet radio stations and podcasts from the BBC, NPR, Radio Disney and ESPN. Listeners can also stream music to every speaker in their home from any application on a Windows PC via the DTS Play-Fi HD Driver, such as Google MusicTM, Spotify®, and Xbox® Music Live. In addition, any application or service with Bluetooth or AirPlay can stream directly to a single PS5 Speaker.
The Phorus PS5 Speaker ($229) and newly announced PR5 Receiver ($179) are compatible with the full line-up of other DTS Play-Fi enabled products offered by leading audio brands and are available at major retailers everywhere.
About DTS, Inc.
DTS, Inc. (Nasdaq: DTSI) is a premier audio solutions provider for high-definition entertainment experiences—anytime, anywhere, on any device. DTS' audio solutions enable delivery and playback of clear, compelling high-definition audio, which is incorporated by hundreds of licensee customers around the world, into an array of consumer electronic devices. From a renowned legacy as a pioneer in high definition multi-channel audio, DTS became a mandatory audio format in the Blu-ray Disc™ standard and is now increasingly deployed in enabling digital delivery of compelling movies, music, games and other forms of digital entertainment to a growing array of network-connected consumer devices. DTS technology is in car audio systems, digital media players, DVD players, game consoles, home theaters, PCs, set-top boxes, smart phones, surround music content and every device capable of playing Blu-ray™ discs. Founded in 1993, DTS' corporate headquarters are located in Calabasas, California. DTS also has offices in Los Gatos, San Diego and Santa Ana, California, Washington, China, France, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan and the United Kingdom. Copyright 2014, DTS, Inc. DTS, the Symbol, and DTS and the Symbol together are registered trademarks of DTS, Inc. All other trademarks are the properties of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
SOURCE DTS, Inc.