Rediscover The Real, Simple, Delicious Foods In The Freezer Aisle
The National Frozen & Refrigerated Foods Association Celebrates Real Food...Frozen
HARRISBURG, Pa., March 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- March is National Frozen Food Month, reminding Americans to think about the freezer aisle in a fresh, real way. The National Frozen & Refrigerated Foods Association (NFRA) is celebrating with a national sweepstakes, weekly freezer giveaways, and a behind-the-scenes look at the journey frozen food makes from the field to the family table.
Frozen foods start out the same as their fresh counterparts, coming from the earth and sea, and make their way to kitchen tables across the country. NFRA has brought this journey to life with "Bean," a brief video that showcases how most frozen food is created using real ingredients just like you would at home. http://bit.ly/15hGmiN (#RealFoodFrozen).
In fact, some of America's favorite, most versatile foods can be found in the frozen food aisle, including options for every lifestyle and every food occasion. Frozen foods offer great value, from perfectly-portioned meals to ingredients and produce that leave nothing to waste. Did you know:
- Frozen foods are picked at the peak of ripeness and flash frozen, sometimes right on the field, locking in all the beneficial nutrients and keeping them in their perfect, just-picked state.
- Frozen fruits and vegetables are equally nutritious as their fresh and canned counterparts.1
- Most frozen meals use the highest quality ingredients, like real cheese and even pasta made from scratch. So if you see the words "100% real cheese" on your favorite frozen macaroni and cheese brand, then it is 100 percent real cheese.2
- Freezing acts as a natural preservative, so many of your favorite frozen foods contain no preservatives.3
- Frozen fruits and vegetables, properly blanched and packaged for the freezer can be stored for 8-12 months.4
Visit EasyHomeMeals.com to enter the sweepstakes or to find recipes or tips; and rediscover the freezer aisle.
NFRA is a non-profit trade association representing all segments of the frozen and refrigerated foods industry, including distributors, local associations, manufacturers, retailers/wholesalers and suppliers. Headquartered in Harrisburg, PA, NFRA is the sponsor of March National Frozen Food Month, June Dairy Month, June/July Ice Cream & Novelties promotion and October Cool Food for Kids educational outreach program. NFRA provides consumer information such as food safety guidelines, meal preparation tips, recipes and sweepstakes opportunities at http://www.EasyHomeMeals.com.
1 University of California Center for Excellence in Fruit & Vegetable Quality
2 www.Culinary.net http://www.culinary.net/articlesfeatures/FeatureDetail.aspx?ID=1547
3 www.Culinary.net http://www.culinary.net/articlesfeatures/FeatureDetail.aspx?ID=1547
4 National Center for Home Food Preservation http://nchfp.uga.edu/how/freeze/freezer_shelf_life.html
SOURCE The National Frozen & Refrigerated Foods Association
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.