SAN JOSE, Calif., Jan. 2, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Synaptics Inc. (NASDAQ: SYNA), the leader in human interface solutions, today announced it will preview its latest innovations at the 2015 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas from January 6-9, 2015. Built around the theme of "Experience Innovation," the Synaptics showcase will include several new solutions born from the acquisitions of Validity Sensors and Renesas SP Drivers (RSP), and reinforce the company's market leadership in delivering new and exciting human interface solutions.
"As a leading supplier of mobile and PC touch, display and biometrics solutions, we're already established as the OEM partner of choice for next generation human interface technologies," said Rick Bergman, CEO of Synaptics. "As we strengthen our market leadership with new innovations, we're excited to reveal our latest technologies to help our partners capture new opportunities in automotive and gaming markets. Also on display at CES is Synaptics' new category of "Smart Display" solutions for the consumer device market, bolstered by the recent RSP acquisition."
In addition to its commercially available products, Synaptics will demonstrate several new concept prototypes that push the boundaries of human interface including:
- Natural ID – Taking biometric and authentication solutions to the next level, Synaptics will highlight new concepts for mobile, PC and automotive deployments that will accelerate adoption of Natural ID across more devices.
- Smart Display Technology – Combining touch and display drivers into a system level solution, Smart Displays enable thinner, brighter and more innovative displays while also greatly simplifying the supply chain for OEMs.
- Automotive Solutions – Putting innovative touch technology into the driver's seat, Synaptics' automotive center console solutions incorporate pressure-sensitive touch technology, eye-tracking, proximity sensing and other features that will enhance the user experience for drivers, while increasing safety and minimizing distractions.
- Sensors in Wearables – Defining human interfaces for next-generation wearable devices, Synaptics will demonstrate how touch technology will impact products ranging from smartwatches to flexible displays.
- SecurePad™ – Bringing next generation security and authentication solutions to notebook PCs, SecurePad is the industry's first area sensor fingerprint ID solution designed intelligently into the corner of a laptop's TouchPad.
- ForcePad™ 5.0 – Slimming down for even thinner form factors, Synaptics' next-generation ForcePad solution incorporates haptic feedback, giving users a more intuitive and precise interaction through pressure detection across the entire touch area.
- SmartBar™ – Delivering a whole new gaming experience, SmartBar features a touch-sensitive spacebar that gives gamers a new edge and sense of control.
Synaptics will exhibit the industry's broadest family of solutions in a private meeting space (LVCC, South Hall 2, #MP25841) from January 6-9 by appointment only. Customers and suppliers are encouraged to contact their Synaptics representative to arrange a meeting at CES. Media are encouraged to contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange on-site interviews.
About Synaptics Synaptics is the pioneer and leader of the human interface revolution, bringing innovative and intuitive user experiences to intelligent devices. Synaptics' broad portfolio of touch, display, and biometrics products is built on the company's rich R&D and supply chain capabilities. With solutions designed for mobile, PC and automotive industries, Synaptics combines ease of use, functionality and aesthetics to enable products that help make our digital lives more productive, secure and enjoyable. (NASDAQ: SYNA) www.synaptics.com.
Synaptics, TouchPad, ClearPad, ClickPad, ForcePad, SecurePad, ThinTouch, SmartBar, Natural ID, TypeGuard and the Synaptics logo are trademarks of Synaptics in the United States and/or other countries. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
For further information, please contact: Ann Minooka, Synaptics, Inc. 408-904-1673 Ann.Minooka@synaptics.com
Public Relations: Starlayne Meza, Text 100 Global Communications 415-593-8431 email@example.com
SOURCE Synaptics Inc.