PARIS and HOLLYWOOD, Calif., Nov. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Technicolor, a worldwide technology leader in the media and entertainment sector, today announces the launch of CineStyle™ Color Assist, the company's first video color correction and grading software. Designed by the company's renowned color experts, CineStyle™ Color Assist features high quality, easy to use, real-time color correction for videographers of all skill levels. CineStyle™ Color Assist is available for purchase at www.technicolorcinestyle.com for $99 for Mac and PC. A 7-day trial version is also downloadable for free.
"CineStyle™ Color Assist gives any video production enthusiast easy-to-use, professional-quality color correction tools," said Alejandro Guerrero, Senior Vice President and General Manager for CineStyle™ at Technicolor. "We adapted the technology we use for blockbuster films and TV shows to create an affordable tool with an intuitive user interface, time saving features, and extensive color library."
CineStyle™ Color Assist allows users to select from 25 custom-designed CineStyle™ Looks created by Technicolor's world-class colorists, or create new looks which can be previewed in real-time across an entire video clip without first having to render. Users can also save up to nine Color Compositions per video file for instant review and ultimate creative flexibility. The tool also speeds up production workflow by allowing users to quickly and easily apply, preview and modify CineStyle™ Looks during production shoots and in the editing process.
Additional premium CineStyle™ Looks packages can be purchased for $19 and include 10 additional custom-created Looks per package. Additional CineStyle™ Looks packages available now include "Movie Looks" and "Extreme Looks". CineStyle™ Color Assist works in conjunction with popular editing software, such as Final Cut Pro 7 and Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5 and CS6.
CineStyle™ Color Assist Feature Set:
- Instant color correction & grading with render free playback
- 25 CineStyle Looks designed by Technicolor Colorists for quick grading
- Ability to save up to nine Color Compositions per video clip
- Non-destructive color correction & grading via MetaColor™ file
- User-friendly interface
- 3-Way Color Corrector, Key Selector & Curves Adjustments for advanced control
- Support for popular video codecs in SD, HD & 2K resolutions
- Scopes to easily monitor color information
- Plugin support for Apple Final Cut Pro 7 & Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5 & CS6
- Expandable library with additional premium CineStyle Looks packages
- Secondary monitor support for full screen playback
- Technology based on Technicolor's award-winning DP Lights™ System
Technicolor, a worldwide technology leader in the media and entertainment sector, is at the forefront of digital innovation. Our world-class research and innovation laboratories enable us to lead the market in delivering advanced video services to content creators and distributors. We also benefit from an extensive intellectual property portfolio focused on imaging and sound technologies, based on a thriving licensing business.
Our commitment: supporting the delivery of exciting new experiences for consumers in theaters, homes and on the go.
Euronext Paris: TCH | www.technicolor.com
For more information, please contact:
Technicolor Press Office
+33 1 41 86 53 93
+33 1 41 86 55 95
US - Jill Nishida
Edelman PR for Technicolor Cinestyle