The Doctor Has Arrived At Retailers Here, There And Everywhere Dr. Smith's® Diaper Rash Ointment Announces Availability at Drug Stores, Grocers and Supercenters Across the Country
SAN ANTONIO, July 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- For many years, mothers of infants have sworn by a diaper rash ointment invented by a San Antonio pediatrician to solve his young patients' painful problems. One by one, mothers, pediatricians and pharmacists have recommended Dr. Smith's® Diaper Rash Ointment, and the product's popularity has grown over the years by word-of-mouth.
With the advent of Facebook, Twitter and online product reviews, recommendations have echoed exponentially over the Internet. The biggest complaint mothers have had is that they can't find the product easily in stores – until now.
Because of popular demand, San Antonio-based Mission Pharmacal, which acquired Dr. Smith's Diaper Rash Ointment in 2009, announced today that it is expanding distribution to make the product readily available to parents across the country.
Dr. Smith's Diaper Rash Ointment is now available in all Walgreens stores throughout the United States and on Walgreens.com. The company also announced that Kroger will offer the product in all of its stores. And, Walmart has increased the number of locations offering the product, making the ointment available in many of its stores throughout the country.
In addition to the 10,000-plus new locations, other leading regional retailers currently offering Dr. Smith's Diaper Rash Ointment include Albertson's, H-E-B, Publix, Harris Teeter, Ingles, Schnucks and many others. The ointment can also be purchased online through Amazon.com and Drugstore.com.
"When the late Dr. Smith created this ointment in 1963, his dream was to one day make this product available nationwide," said Neill Walsdorf, Jr. Mission Pharmacal President. "And now, on its 50th anniversary, we are proud to say that we made his dream a reality."
"From the moment we purchased this product four years ago, we always believed Dr. Smith's is the best in its class," added Walsdorf. "Taking this regional brand nationwide in just a few years is a testament to the effectiveness of the product and the loyalty and enthusiasm our customers express for it."
A national marketing campaign will launch at the end of July to connect with parents who may not know about Dr. Smith's Diaper Rash Ointment and with parents who already love the brand.
- "Y'all make the best stuff – everyone I've recommended you to has thanked me more than once." (Lis, Virginia Beach, VA)
- "Such a great product. Worked great on my son's nasty rash and quickly!" (Nicole E.)
- "I love this diaper ointment! Took my baby's rash away." (Veronica B., Columbia, SC)
- "I like Dr. Smith because so many of my young mommy to be friends and moms love Dr. Smith!" (Cheryl M., Tampa, FL)
- "My newborn baby has had a diaper rash from 2 weeks to 5 weeks. We have tried 7 different creams and still hasn't cleared up 100%. Someone told me about Dr. Smith's and in literally 2 days it is COMPLETELY GONE!!! WOW!!! Thank you so much!!! It's fantastic!!!" (Renee H., Houston TX)
- "I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee this product." (Juanita C., Laredo, TX)
- "I will recommend Dr. Smith's to all my friends, and it will be part of my baby shower gifts to them." (Julie G.)
For more information about Dr. Smith's Diaper Rash Ointment, to find out why moms love the ointment or to find the nearest retailer, go to DoctorSmiths.com.
About Dr. Smith's Diaper Rash Ointment:
Dr. Smith's was developed in 1963 by Dr. Forrest M. Smith, Jr., a San Antonio pediatrician. Its effectiveness has earned it the recommendation of pediatricians and pharmacists everywhere. Dr. Smith's is now part of the Mission Pharmacal family of products.
About Mission Pharmacal:
Mission Pharmacal Company is a privately held pharmaceutical company based in San Antonio, Texas. For more than 65 years, the company has been committed to meeting the unique healthcare needs of women throughout all stages of life, pediatric patients, and those persons dealing with urologic and dermatologic conditions. For more information, go to MissionPharmacal.com.
SOURCE Mission Pharmacal Company