HOUSTON, Nov. 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Verizon Wireless continues its reinvention of the retail experience with the opening of its newest Destination Store in Houston, Texas Monday, November 24.
The state-of-the art store, located in the upscale BLVD Place mixed-use development, is Verizon's first location in the South and one of only three Verizon Destination Stores in the United States.
The 12,224 square foot, two-story store is designed to create an integrated, hands-on technology retail experience for today's sophisticated technology shopper.
Designed To Inspire And Educate
With a team of over 70 employees and six interactive Lifestyle Zones, visitors can engage with trained specialists and experience applications, gadgets and gear in a visual playground setting. Verizon Wireless' 4G LTE Network ensures customers remain connected to people and things that matter most, and the Houston Destination Store brings each of these scenarios to life via its Lifestyle Zones:
- Amplify It: Visitors will be engaged with an immersive music experience, from high-end headsets to Bluetooth speakers. The "Wall of Sound" features 136 speakers where shoppers can test for the best sound quality to match their musical taste. A Digital DJ Booth allows customers to listen to their favorite music genre through the Slacker Radio app.
- Anywhere Business: To meet the need of Houston's deep roots in the energy and healthcare industries, the zone provides a unique experience with devoted areas showcasing business-friendly technology and smart accessories to support telemedicine and oil well monitoring.
- Customize It: A special on-site photo booth allows customers to create a one-of-a-kind smartphone case with personal photos and custom colors and ready for pick up while they shop.
- Get Fit: Customers can engage with a variety of products that measure activity progress, set and maintain fitness goals and even improve sleep habits. Test out the in-store stationary bike, basketball hoop or soccer station to experience how smart accessories work in connection with smartphones.
- Have Fun: Unique tech toys, including a Power Drone and GoPro cameras, are on display and available to try first-hand in an interactive setting. The Have Fun Zone appeals to both avid gamers and first-timers alike.
- Home and On The Go: The connected home area allows shoppers to trial smart home accessories, including a Belkin WeMo switch to unlock and open doors, a Belkin Light Switch to turn lights on and off, and a Belkin HD and Dropcam Pro to see how remote camera monitoring works, all via a wireless device.
The Houston Destination Store also includes an enhanced, dedicated Wireless Workshop area with seating for personalized hands-on training. A Verizon education specialist will share tips about getting the most out of a device and also lead free classes in front of a large, interactive digital display screen.
The store's architecture and design features local, Texas-sourced materials and was created with the customer in mind, including 140 screens throughout to help shoppers access information on products and services. Most notable, an expansive 14-foot gestured-based interactive curved wall represents the power of the Verizon network and illustrates how consumers pursuing their lifestyle passions, such as sports, music or travel, bring the Verizon network to life.
"We are excited to open the newest Verizon Destination Store in the country and first in the South right here in Houston, a city that embraces technology and inspires innovation," said Krista Bourne, president – Houston/Gulf Coast Region. "Houston shoppers are diverse and use technology in their own unique ways to support their mobile lifestyles. We're confident our Destination Store will offer them a shopping experience like none other in the South."
The Destination Store concept was first introduced in November 2013 at the Mall of America, and a second store in Chicago opened earlier this month. In addition to the new Houston Destination Store, Verizon will continue its ongoing effort to redesign company-owned retail locations, called Smart Stores, throughout the country to transform the wireless industry retail experience.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's largest and most reliable 4G LTE network. As the largest wireless company in the U.S., Verizon Wireless serves 106.2 million retail customers, including 100.1 million retail postpaid customers. Verizon Wireless is wholly owned by Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. For the latest news and updates about Verizon Wireless, visit our News Center at http://www.verizonwireless.com/news or follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/VZWNews.
MEDIA CONTACT: Gretchen Whitaker Verizon Wireless 713.219.8028 Gretchen.Whitaker@VerizonWireless.com