SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Arup, a multidisciplinary engineering and consulting firm with a reputation for delivering innovative and sustainable designs, announced today that Justin Powell has joined the company as an associate principal in the Transaction Advice practice. Based in San Francisco, Mr. Powell brings more than 17 years of experience as a global aviation infrastructure consultant with extensive business planning, market analysis and project management experience. As the transaction advice aviation leader, Mr. Powell will be responsible for developing and overseeing business throughout the Americas.
Prior to joining Arup, Mr. Powell consulted for airports as a director in the business and financial planning practice of a major international aviation consultancy where he managed the following projects:
- Brazil: Guarulhos, Viracopos and Brasilia Airport Concessions
- Dominican Republic: Aeropuertos Dominicanos (Aerodom) Acquisition Financing
- Canada: Fort McMurray Airport Terminal Financing
Mr. Powell started his career as an operations officer in the Royal Navy and then served as the Asia operations manager for a containerized cargo line. He holds an MBA from the Marshall School of Business at the University of Southern California.
"I have always been aware of Arup as a leading edge infrastructure provider, and the globally integrated structure of the company - integrating other disciplines such as urban planning, engineering services and sustainability with aviation transaction advice - offers aviation clients a full range of services and solutions under one roof," said Powell. "I am excited to be on board and looking forward to developing work throughout the Americas."
Arup's transaction advice practice spans the energy and utilities, social infrastructure, transport and property sectors worldwide. Representative projects include:
- Brazil: Arup is currently engaged supporting bidder due diligence for the Phase 2 Brazil Airport Concessions.
- Colombia: Arup is providing Lenders' Technical Advisor Support for the new Bogota El Dorado International Airport concession, which involves a major terminal development.
- Japan: Arup is serving as the vendor due diligence advisor for the New Kansai International Airport Company in preparation for the potential privatization of Kansai and Itami airports.
- Puerto Rico: Arup was the lead transaction advisor to the Aerostar consortium in its successful bid to operate Luis Munoz Marin Airport in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
"Arup's transaction advice specialists translate technical and commercial issues into financial analysis and clear recommendations, allowing our clients to fully evaluate investment opportunities and creating a competitive edge for investors or delivery certainty for asset owners," said Ignacio Barandarian, principal and leader of the Transaction Advice Practice at Arup.
"As an experienced business planning professional who has worked with airports all over the world, including public/private partnerships (P3) and airport privatizations, Justin is a valuable addition to Arup's aviation team," said Daniel Brodkin, principal and Americas leader of the aviation practice at Arup.
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world's most prominent projects in the built environment and across industry. Its engineers and consultants deliver innovative projects across the world. Arup opened its first US office 25 years ago, and now employs 1,000 in the Americas. The firm was founded in 1946 with an enduring set of values that fosters a distinctive culture, intellectual independence and collaborative approach. The people at Arup are driven to find a better way to deliver better solutions for their clients. (www.arup.com)